Oh Dear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 113659

I'm undergoing a complete kitchen referb for a customer.

Ripped out on Wednesday, first fix electrics on Thursday & fully plastered on Friday.

I popped in today to drop the paint in and the customer (30something year old single male (graphic designer)) had borrowed a dehumidifier from his Dad and had it running in the kitchen. Beside it was a large bucket with about 3" of water inside.

I asked what the bucket was for, he said he was using it to empty the dehumidifier into. :wallbash:

Do you want to hear more from this 'clever' guy???

He once asked me to price for a bar in his lounge built from glass blocks with a granite top. (Think he's stuck in the 70's).

Anyhows, there is a rad in his lounge behind where he wanted the bar. He said he wanted a tiny sink plumbed in behind the bar to wash glasses in. He said it'd be easy because there was a rad there already with hot n cold running water.

When I questioned this he said when the heating comes on one of the rad pipes gets hot. Holy moly! :crazy:

Love it:D
That's why I prefer building new houses - minimal customer involvement

Happytalk73 said:
Do you want to hear more from this 'clever' guy??? He once asked me to price for a bar in his lounge built from glass blocks with a granite top. (Think he's stuck in the 70's). Anyhows, there is a rad in his lounge behind where he wanted the bar. He said he wanted a tiny sink plumbed in behind the bar to wash glasses in. He said it'd be easy because there was a rad there already with hot n cold running water. When I questioned this he said when the heating comes on one of the rad pipes gets hot. Holy moly! :crazy:

Absolutely brilliant Ant. I think even my missus has a better understanding of heating systems!

Yep. I told our 11 year old daughter about the rad theory. Even she said :doh:

I fantasize that I follow his request and leave him to wonder why the water is black, toxic & smelly. Gravity system so the water would never run out.

Ant. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
It never ceases to surprise me the amount of people who don't know what the neutral wire in a plug is for.

*hears the sound of a lot of google searches now*

:D

Some people have the brains of a day old chick :rolleyes:
I work on a lathe and some of the things I get asked if I can do makes the mind boggle
A guy once asked me if I could sharpen his garden shears on my lathe.
Good job we have grinders as well in the work shop.
Another lad had left wheatabix to dry in a Pyrex bowl and thought he would clean it using our sand blaster :dk:
Not so funny though when he had strip machine down remove all the broken glass from the sump :eek::D

I'm undergoing a complete kitchen referb for a customer.

Ripped out on Wednesday, first fix electrics on Thursday & fully plastered on Friday.

I popped in today to drop the paint in and the customer (30something year old single male (graphic designer)) had borrowed a dehumidifier from his Dad and had it running in the kitchen. Beside it was a large bucket with about 3" of water inside.

I asked what the bucket was for, he said he was using it to empty the dehumidifier into. :wallbash:

Was he giving you a hard time...?

About 40 years ago a colleague of mine was at University. He shared a flat with a student from a less complicated part of the world. This student genuinely believed that the socket that the fridge was plugged into supplied cold electricity and that the kettle was plugged into hot electricity and that the two could not be swapped around.

About 40 years ago a colleague of mine was at University. He shared a flat with a student from a less complicated part of the world. This student genuinely believed that the socket that the fridge was plugged into supplied cold electricity and that the kettle was plugged into hot electricity and that the two could not be swapped around.

And the one the radio was plugged into was 'noisy' electricity?

I am always dumb struck when I encounter a complete and utter no nothing when it comes to everyday living,to them it is a miracle that lights go on and rads heat up,my next door neighbours are one such couple the miracle of a smoke alarm is way too much for them,they called round very worried that the alarm was bleeping did they have a hidden fire,a trip to their abode and one new battery solved that crisis,I do have a certain admiration for these people they have reached retirement and have no idea how anything works.

watching ice skating on TV with a girlfriend years ago, she asked me how they kept the ice frozen? I told her that all ice rinks are built over frozen lakes, and that's why there is no ice skating on TV in the summer months, she was quite happy with this explanation. Incredible.

I am always dumb struck when I encounter a complete and utter no nothing when it comes to everyday living,to them it is a miracle that lights go on and rads heat up,my next door neighbours are one such couple the miracle of a smoke alarm is way too much for them,they called round very worried that the alarm was bleeping did they have a hidden fire,a trip to their abode and one new battery solved that crisis,I do have a certain admiration for these people they have reached retirement and have no idea how anything works.

Academics eh?

Imy next door neighbours are one such couple the miracle of a smoke alarm is way too much for them,they called round very worried that the alarm was bleeping did they have a hidden fire,a trip to their abode and one new battery solved that crisis,
h3B3Sib.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom