Oh Dear!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

para alpha

Car
C180 ESPRIT (w202)
About an hour ago the strangest thing has just happened to me. I was sat in the living room watching children's TV with my 4 Year old daughter. There was a knock at the door. So I answered it, There standing out side where what must have been half of Merseyside's Firearms team, including a copper I know is the local firearms officer. So I asked what was wrong, they said they have received a tip off that I have been converting Deactivated fire arms to live with out Home office approval or a firearms certificate... I was completely lost for words. I invited them in to insect my house and shed and garage... Of course nothing was found. The firearms officer said he knew it wasn't true but due to the seriousness of the complaint, They had to check it out. I asked where did he get the info from, he said it was an anonymous call suggesting to them to check me out as I was boasting on a internet forum. They where given my location and put two and two together and realised it was me... Go Figure... I think it's highly amusing...:D

Do you think it was related to this post?
http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/876311-post22.html

bizarre that some people are so willing to waste Police time.
Yep! and I have a feeling I know who is responsible... It doesn't bother me, they are just doing their job. I know the firearms officer quite well and he knows my situation. I did offer to show him the post but he was satisfied after the first 5 minuets. I made the armed officers wait out side, I'm not having people walking about with guns in the house while my daughter it here..:dk: I did say he should find who it was and get their local bobby to go and have a word... Tying up that many coppers was ridicules, I understand officer safety and all that but come one!

When first read this I though it was going to turn out to be a wind up buy the firearms offcier you knew - but it was a serious "raid". :eek: (Even if the police had done there homework and knew they were unlikely to find anything).

It was always clear from the tense of your posts in the other thread that those were old photos and nothing current was going on at present(although that didn't seem to stop some comments). Shocking if someone reported you on the basis of what you posted.

Are you actually serious??

Wait until next tax year - With time wasted like this - love to see the Police bill on your rates?? What a waste of public money.....

But then on the other hand if you had been on a BMW forum I would have suspected you for sure....:D

Wait until next tax year - With time wasted like this - love to see the Police bill on your rates?? What a waste of public money.....

But then on the other hand if you had been on a BMW forum I would have suspected you for sure....:D
I wasn't going to say anything:D

A friend of mine has got a WWII Anti-Aircraft gun mounted in his garden. Probably should alert the RAF so they can perform a ground strike just to be safe.....

I though this was a joke,but i`m left with no words!!!!

I am totally stunned by this. :eek::eek:

Whomever on this forum called the Police, may I just say what a sad little man (or woman) you are!! Not only are you sad but you lack basic reading and comprehension skills.

I pity you.:ban::(

Well People, No harm done... I'm not going to cast doubt on the reputation of the good people of this forum.
That must have been a nasty shock mate !
It certainly was John... I had to phone the missus and tell her... She said that owning these sort of things will get me in to trouble. But because it was a serious accusation, they just had to have a look. They didn't need a warrant or anything as they knew I would let them in! I'm not going to moan really, I knew the Firearms officer and he said he seriously doubted the accusation because he knows my reputation, has also attended some of my talks to the club and local schools about firearm safety and Gun Wise project. I explained to the very same officer when I handed my certificate to him when I found out my missus was pregnant. I don't want guns in the house, You can lock them up as much as you like but they need cleaning... It only takes a few seconds when kids are about... I have never cleaned loaded weapons (Duh!) but if my daughter got a finger trapped which required hospital treatment, what do you say to hospital staff? Her finger is hanging off because I left a firearm unattended! Yeh, that would make me really popular with the SS?:D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom