oh no... I just bought a 560SEC!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MostlyMonki

Car
560SEC
hello everyone, I've been a member on here for a couple of years - but when i joined ia had a w210 e300td estate... got that running beautifully and then someone decided to drive into the side of it, pushing it 5ft, up the curb sideways, and into a wall (still drove afterwards though - what a tank!). so since it was written off I've not been back here, as temporarily merc-less (and tbh kept busy with an old landrover and a beetle race car i have).

but now, god help me, I've bought a 1990 560SEC! its in fairly average body/mechanical condition, but most of the electrical gadgets dont work... but for £1800 i figure i can afford to spend some time on it.

anyway, just thought i'd reintroduce myself. wish me luck with the SEC!!

+1 on the pictures please

If you need any bits, let me know, I have most items for W126!

Jay - I'll be in touch... definitely need some parts!

couple of pics (if they work):
$(KGrHqR,!rIFCiT6iDQzBQ3y1m5VWQ~~60_35.JPG

$T2eC16F,!)UE9s3wBnSMBQ3y2sdstw~~60_35.JPG

That Looks good! Welcome back and Good Luck

looks better than it is in truth, but i figure the private plate and wheels are probably worth 800 quid, so the way i see it it got a 560SEC for a grand :)

Anyone know where i might be able to get a set of window seals? including the weather strips and the seals that attach vertically to the rear side windows?

No point buying second hand ones of those, they get ruined when you remove them most of the time. Have to buy new.

Good luck with the car - you may well find most of the faults are silly , niggly little things .

These cars are pretty robust and the bits that matter tend to keep on working .

Looks good in the pictures and sounds like you got a bargain .

No point buying second hand ones of those, they get ruined when you remove them most of the time. Have to buy new.

yeah thats what i was thinking, havent checked the weather strips yet, but the seal that attaches to the rear side window is £85 from MB in Bristol! I can get a used window with seal still attached for 60... so i might do that first so I've got a spare window.

yeah thats the one, i didnt want it for that price, but it got relisted with a low enough reserve to make it worth a punt.

like i say, its tatty (especially the headlining), plus i recon that rear panel below the windscreen might need doing.... but I'm pretty handy with a welder and spray glue!

It looks nice on the Asev's, they are not too over the top!

Are you intending to remove the decals or are you going to keep them on there? IMO they spoil the lines a little but that is just me.

unfortunately theyre not decals - they're painted on (sides, bonnet stripes, and the center of the roof are all metalic grey).

I've got a set of 16" staggered borbet A's i might try on it at some point... but i do quite like the Azev's too (tyres will be cheaper on the borbets though, as the rears are 16x9, as apposed to 17x10). Speedo is MILES out though as well, so I'm going to have to check the rolling radius' too.

I'm going to sort out all the leaks and electrics first, then I quite fancy paining it in a mixture of satin and gloss blacks. the current paintob is a bit shocking... it's had a blowover with metal flake at some point over the original red, and not done very evenly either!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom