Ohh got caught out with the blocked drain!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pinter75

Car
2002 S500
Howdy,

Drove the car over the weekend, in torrential rain.

Wife alerted me to water gushing in from the back of the glovebox - instantly knew what what it was.

So checked the drain hole and it was blocked, cleaned it out and water dumped out the valve as it should.

Currently have the carpet, filters, glove box and the bottom of the blower motor off drying out.

The blower motor still works, but I get no air out of the vents.

Anyone know the reset procedure for an '02 W220?

Ta.

Water in the cabin filter?
If it is, it will gradually clear.

I was almost like someone spilled a pint of water behind the glovebox when it happened.

Well the water got all the way into the blower motor.

Still works ok, but the problem must have happened before as it was a slight bit rusty around the bottom. A good dose of contact cleaner and some light oil to smooth the bearings has been applied.

I have managed to dry out the filters for the cabin, and the blower motor.

Got the little water out from the foam in the passenger carpet too. You can't really dry this out, you have to wick the water out of the foam.

So when it all goes back in, I will see if the vents start to work again. I can see one of them moving when the blower switches off.

There is a reset procedure, but I find conflicting info online. I can go in and clear all error messages in the unit from the front panel. Will try this 1st.

All back together and working just fine.

Funnily my drivers side window now expresses all the way up and down, when it would only move in bits before!

Maybe there was residual water in the connections down there.

Strange cars these!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom