oil leak after oil change, is there a common fault 2148cc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sprinterich

Car
w639 vito window licker van
Hi Guys, i'm hoping someone can help, I just had a garage change my oil, got home and spotted some drips, thought it might be just where It was changed,, no such luck, took it back to garage and can see it dripping from behind the filter housing, is there some kind of cooler there? cant really see,
the garage had no idea and said "oil leaks can start any time it's just unlucky!!"
I got home very sad and came on here, someone said it must be the filter seal, so I went to the motor factors and got a new filter and seals, the best one they had, I changed it and all the seals, put it back together, went for a spin, but it still leaks, I'm really gutted as I hate oil leaks and it's even worse that I've tried to do the right thing by changing oil (at a garage too!) and now have this awful leak that is coming from the most awkward place imaginable, has anyone else had this happen and it it a common fault? any ideas would be really helpful before I torch it!! I can't even sell the thing like this,
it's a 2008 2.2 2148cc diesel, if anyone has a diagram of this engine I'd be most grateful

They are screwing you - take it back or take it to someone who is more competent, dripping that badly you will loose your engine:fail

I've had enough with idiot garages I wish i'd done the simple job myself, I can't think of an easier job to do on a car than a simple oil change, I had no idea even this could be cokked up! what i really need to know is has this happned before to anyone and how did they fix it so i can tell a garage how to fix it or do it myself, is there an oil cooler behind the filter housing as that is where its leaking, what is my engine known as in merc number terms as all i know is it's 88bhp 2148 cdi, i need to find out what to google to get some images up etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom