OM642 mysterious coolant leak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

arm

Car
MB Viano
Dear new forum friends, please help me with internet diacnostic :)

I have a 2011 viano V6 cdi (om642 engine / 722.683 tranny). All and all, it runs and beahves well, but i have a mystery cooalnt leak.
It was purchased from germany with rapaired front end accident damage. At first the coolant leak was always present, but i found a hose in front of the engine that was not fastend well enough, and retightening it made the bigger coolant leak to stop.

Now to main problem:
My coolant is now leaking only when engine is warm (over 85C, termostat open). When its cold it does not leak. The leak is somewhere at the back of the engine, but I cant see where, it leaks on to trannys front top end from where it flows to ground. I susbect again a loose hose, but cant find it. Has anyone got a clue where the leak could be coming from? Is there a hose in back of the engine, where the coolant only flows, when the termostat is open?
Allso it would be a lot of help, if someone could provide me with OM642 cooling system schematics.

Sorry for my english spelling, its not my everyday language :)

It maybe the oil/water cooler in the V.

Pressure test it and then see where it is leaking from.

it does not seem to be the cooler, the bottom of v seems to be try.
i have pressuretested it and it holds pressure. It seems that it has the time to cool down enough to shut the termostate before we can attache the pressure equipment.

still havent found a solution, SOS.... :)

You need to start stripping the engine then to find it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom