OMG What's Happened to the Forum...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Below two forums need adjusting

Classifieds Cars
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT YOU CANNOT REPLY TO CLASSIFIED THREADS. If you wish to contact the seller, please use the PM facility. You need to have made 30 posts in other forums before you can submit an advert and/or use the PM facility.

Classifieds General
Buy and sell general items here. Commercial ads will be removed. PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT YOU CANNOT REPLY TO CLASSIFIED THREADS. If you wish to contact the seller, please use the PM facility. You need to have made 30 posts in other forums before you can submit an advert and/or use the PM facility.

Is this still the case and will it be remaining this way? Reason I ask, mines states insufficient privileges, although there are other replies on the Classified Parts/general. However I can post/reply on the wanted section of the classifieds. No problems with having to PM sellers advertising items, just wanted clarification.

Many thanks once again.

I take it there is no longer an mb club app on the iOS App Store?

Put a poll up on the Poll section. It’s your forum so your choice.

Is it possible to have links on the front page to Your Posts and Your Threads?

I have to say that the dual colour banding on the pages is excellent, as is the separation of posts and stickies. Forum is now looking very polished.

Steve.

I have to say that the dual colour banding on the pages is excellent, as is the separation of posts and stickies. Forum is now looking very polished.

Steve.

only a few more changes are left to complete, I did compare screenshots of this forum to our old place - the colour scheme is now identical.

Any chance for Tapatalk to work?

I use Tapatalk to access forums and I suspect many a member do. It’s a real bummer that this option does not seem to be available any longer.

Any chance for Tapatalk to work?

I use Tapatalk to access forums and I suspect many a member do. It’s a real bummer that this option does not seem to be available any longer.

I lie.

Just found the forum on Tapatalk.

That's just awesome.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

getting the hang of the new layout a bit now, kinda growing on me. I do like the alert on the home page.

Good work guys, thank you

The wee square avatars look good, a wise decision by the few who took part in the Poll. Thanks to all who participated in the Poll.
383 views, and just 41 voters out of a total of thousands of members. Oh well !!

Steve.

I have noticed a few posts seem to be duplicated since the changes, I think I found out why today - I posted a reply, the reply disappeared but it didn't appear on the thread page in front of me.

I assumed I mustn't have hit 'Post Reply' and was about to retype the text, but thought of double checking by coming out of the thread and re-opening it, and it was there.

Probably normal behaviour for the forum software, but I was just about to retype the post and click 'Post Reply' again which I guess would have generated a duplicate post entry.

I really wish everyone just took a step back from the forum and stopped suggesting any changes. Round avatar, square - I doubt anyone knows this poll even existed (I was perfectly happy with the round avatar, for example).

Otherwise it's like modding a brand new Mercedes. We need to go back to 'stock' forum and get used to it.

Not a criticism (some changes are nice, like more prominent reply button) but everything is suggested, agreed and actioned way too quickly for most to get used to the site.

My biggest frustration is that it is less responsive, click to change section and it takes ages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom