On the hunt for a C216-CL

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Iceviolet

Car
2007 CLS 500, W114 280CE (resto)
Hello,
Has anybody got any advice, or is there a buyers guide anywhere on the C216-CL? Anything to check for in particular?
I just love the shape and styling of these.
I have been searching the various classifieds and autotrader, pistonheads etc and there is a few for sale at the moment. My budget will not stretch unfortunately to the facelift models of 2010 onwards.:(

There seems to be a large difference in prices for what seems to be similar spec cars, so what is the true value of these things?
The AMG styling pack is a must I think, it just gives it a much fresher look IMO.

I have not been a Mercedes owner for long so I am learning as I go.
Any advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Sam

Hi. Another member asked a like question a short time ago ( I think) have a search...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MBClub UK

I completely agree on the AMG kit, mine also has 20" AMG alloys.

I just made up a wish list in order of what I wanted, some were essential, some nice to have and tried to get the best I could.

Essential for me was AMG kit and 20's, anything else was a nice to have, they are all pretty well specced up anyway.
Good luck, post links and you'll get comments.

C.

Hello,
Has anybody got any advice, or is there a buyers guide anywhere on the C216-CL? Anything to check for in particular?
I just love the shape and styling of these.
I have been searching the various classifieds and autotrader, pistonheads etc and there is a few for sale at the moment. My budget will not stretch unfortunately to the facelift models of 2010 onwards.:(

There seems to be a large difference in prices for what seems to be similar spec cars, so what is the true value of these things?
The AMG styling pack is a must I think, it just gives it a much fresher look IMO.

I have not been a Mercedes owner for long so I am learning as I go.
Any advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Sam

Make sure it has at least 8 cylinders.

Anything else is paraphernalia.

That is the minimum Mercedes supply on the W216 anyway.

Make sure it has at least 8 cylinders.

Anything else is paraphernalia.

Straying from the plan!Possible CLS purchase

Hello,
My search for a CL has been very slow. Also due to a change in circumstances (missus wants a new kitchen!) my budget has been cut down slightly! So a CL is looking out of reach!

Saw a nice looking and very nice sounding CLS 55 AMG today and arranged a test drive this week.
The thing putting me off is the price. It is a 55 plate, 86000 miles, black with black leather. Has 2 small car park dents in a rear door other than that body looked good for age.
Advertised at just under £14k.
Does this seem a tad expensive for this car? Parkers guide is saying more around the £11k mark?

Anything to look out for on the test drive?

Thanks in advance,

Sam

Last edited:
Yup, too expensive, £11k is about right I think.
I sold my 55 plate, double black, 75k miles, decent spec full MB history CLS55 or £12k about 6 months ago, could have sold 3 at that price.....really depends on the car.

Edit, I'd buy this one if I was looking now; http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/classifieds-cars-sale/172263-new-job-so-cls-up-sale.html

I think my first offer would be £11k possibly going to £12k but no more. Only just started looking at CLS's really so I am sure there will be better examples out there.

The car on the link looks very tidy but it is a diesel is it not?

I love diesels, but this time I am specifically after a petrol AMG 55 purely for the huge grin it puts on my face when hearing the things!

Ok, I thought it was a '55, the chaps avatar shows a CLS55?

Hard to tell from the scans.

I think my first offer would be £11k possibly going to £12k but no more. Only just started looking at CLS's really so I am sure there will be better examples out there.

The car on the link looks very tidy but it is a diesel is it not?

I love diesels, but this time I am specifically after a petrol AMG 55 purely for the huge grin it puts on my face when hearing the things!

Well seen a few CLS 55's and the one I mentioned previously has been the nicest one so far, it is advertised for just under £14k. I have negotiated and I can have it for £12500. I am struggling to find a better one under that price really.
It has the 19" Alloys, Black with black leather, 86k miles, half MBSH half independant, just had a service B, new brake fluid and spark plugs. Brakes look almost new too.
Is it worth £12.5k ??

Settled on a CLS 500!!

Well I have finally got the car!
Initially I was after a CL but as mentioned before I had to compromise due to budget cuts! :mad:
So then it was a cls 55amg which I would of liked, However after almost purchasing, It was the insurance quotes that stopped me in my tracks! The cheapest quote for a 55amg i got was £1400! :dk:
Then I came across a mint Silver cls 500, with factory AMG styling kit, wheels and exhausts. 2007 model with the 388hp engine. Insurance on this was under £600. So now I have it and loving it. There is more than enough power there for me, and the ride on the airmatic is brilliant!
Heres a quick pic.

Attachments

• DSC_0107.jpg
    DSC_0107.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 50
Lovely car, well done :thumb:.

Mercedes Enthusiast. I bought l ast one from a large Tesco's. WH Smiths also sell it.

If anyone lives local to DN7 and would like about two years worth or more of past issues then they are free to collect.

Fred Cross at Hatfield ( Doncaster) just sold a 2009 plate for around 26K, only 20 odd thousand miles.
sadly it was silver and I could not tempt the wife.

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments guys!

I will have to take a look for it when I'm next in Smiths. I am not too far away from you, I'm in West Yorkshire!

Bonny CLS, well done, I had the same model.

C

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom