One touch total closure.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sheffield Col

Car
Mercedes 2014, C Class 220 Diesel Automatic Blutec W205
On my VX, Omega that I used to own, I had One touch total closure, ie. just one touch closed all open windows & the sun roof. But this was not how it left the factory, this was an "after market fix". It left the factory with much the same system as my W 204. you had to press and hold the button on the key fob to close the windows. Does ant one know if there is this "fix" for my 2009 C Class C220 ?

Could this be the issue, below video is for a W203.

The replies to the utube video suggest the fix will work on a W204… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UOlZtlu7Nw

Dec

[YOUTUBE]0UOlZtlu7Nw[/YOUTUBE]

Hi many thanks for your reply, but I don't have any issues with the key fob closure. It works as it left the factory. What I was looking for is a method of closing the windows without having to hold button on the key fob down. That was the case with the Omega when the "fix" came along enabling total closure with just one press of the button, and not having to hold it down. One press locked all the doors, press again within Two seconds and it closed all the windows,sunroof and engaged the deadlocks..I found it very handy not having to stand there holding the button down.

Last edited:
I believe the need to keep holding the button while the windows closes is a safety feature and cannot be over ridden by reprogramming it with STAR. I am not aware of any after market kits that would over ride this safety feature.

I've had an aftermarket module fitted in my old W168, which would close/open all windows on a second click, it was also much faster than my current A200 C169, with the same factory option as yours (press and hold, and wait) ...

The same chap (in Germany) who builds those 168 comfort closure units, can probably do other models, but it wasn't cheap, and there was a rather bulky case to hide under the armrest.

I've had an aftermarket module fitted in my old W168, which would close/open all windows on a second click, it was also much faster than my current A200 C169, with the same factory option as yours (press and hold, and wait) ...

The same chap (in Germany) who builds those 168 comfort closure units, can probably do other models, but it wasn't cheap, and there was a rather bulky case to hide under the armrest.

Interesting. Did this device require hacking into the CanBus wire or did it just plug in to the loom?

One touch total closure is legal provided pinch protection is in place. Some Merc's do it if you press the recirculation button for a few seconds. Not what you want I know, but show's there is no reason for it not being available.

Just don't think they have implemented it.

For my convertible there is an add on box from a 3rd party that does one touch total closure including the roof, so there may be an add on out there somewhere.

Interesting. Did this device require hacking into the CanBus wire or did it just plug in to the loom?

I didn't realised it at the time (a very kind forum member installed it for me), but yes, it did require connection to CANbus green wire, with the instrument cluster cover off, seats out, centre console out, etc, etc.

The chap who builds these, Thomas Damm, did supply a very clear instructions how to fit it, with pics and diagrams, so today I would fit it myself: doing that DRLs retrofit all by myself last November taught me a fair bit, I guess ... that's progress LOL :thumb:

The aftermarket comfort closure module installed into GLKs W168 interrupts (for want of a better term) the window circuits pre-canbus, it connects directly to the window switch module circuit board. The window switch module was modified too.

Thomas has made additional modules (follow me home lights and mirrors fold with locking) for my 168, I have always been impressed by the quality of his work and his detailed installation instructions/wiring diagrams.

For my convertible there is an add on box from a 3rd party that does one touch total closure including the roof, so there may be an add on out there somewhere.

Hi

you mention the US version of the Cabrio-Plus box I am interested in (another thread in here somewhere)

Have you bought the convertible after market box you refer to?

Have you tracked down peoples experience of it (its basically the same device) - I am likely to take the plunge this weekend....

I had global opening/closing on a Mondeo ST220. As you said, once activated you could let go of the button. It's as good as useless on my E Class.:fail

Ant.

Probably the only improvisation is to squirt water on the rain sensor, it 'should' close all windows and sunroof automatically on the assumption there is a downpour. But then you can't go carrying a (loaded) water pistol all the time :)

...and press and hold is probably easier.

At my age I've ALWAYS got a fully loaded water pistol. :crazy:

Ant. :D

At my age I've ALWAYS got a fully loaded water pistol. :crazy:

Ant. :D

The LED on a phone might work as a long shot, as sometimes the rain sensors are tricked by bright sunlight and flicker into life.

But again, it's just easier to press and hold than to pull out your mobile phone, unlock, turn on light, move to the front windscreen and point the light into the sensor, which may only work randomly.

Silly really. If you got to press and hold to close everything you might as well just do it all before you get out of the car with the one touch closing on Windows.

Silly really. If you got to press and hold to close everything you might as well just do it all before you get out of the car with the one touch closing on Windows.

I can understand MB's rationale for not implementing one touch close due to safety reasons, (however the boot is one touch close, or kick)

But the open is also press and hold, when it could be one touch open, since there is no danger of trapping when the windows and sunroof are opening.

Even so, all windows and sunroof have bounce-back feature so safe anyhow. Either way you look like a right t!t stood there pointing fob at point blank range. So much so I don't think I'll ever use the feature.

Hi

you mention the US version of the Cabrio-Plus box I am interested in (another thread in here somewhere)

Have you bought the convertible after market box you refer to?

Have you tracked down peoples experience of it (its basically the same device) - I am likely to take the plunge this weekend....

Sorry, only looked at what was out there at a high level. May look more closely in the summer. If you do before, I'd be interested in what you find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom