Open bonnet warning / open door alarm gone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

2003clk240

Car
Clk240
A few seconds after starting my car the main circular display in my dashboard went red saying the bonnet was open. I got out pressed down on the bonnet and checked it was closed. Got back in, warning was off, proceeded journey. A few seconds later the car starts beeping for a few seconds. No other problems.

The day after I checked the front bonnet sensor and cleaned out a little black dirt on it. No warning lights on now, even when they should be on because bonnet/doors/trunk are open and engine is running. Alarm for any open doors seems to be gone.

I checked the fusebox instructions but there is no mention of any fuses for these systems.

Any ideas? Any help appreciated. Thanks

Faulty car alarm?

Dec

Hi,
On my CLS the dash only goes red when the car is moving with the door/boot/bonnet open, I think that is the way it is supposed to work.
Have you tried driving slowly forward with door/bonnet/boot open and seeing what if anything it is doing now?

I can't say I've ever noticed a warning message about the doors or boot being open, but as above they're generally not open when the car is moving (so with engine running, let wife out and press boot release button).

Hi,
On my CLS the dash only goes red when the car is moving with the door/boot/bonnet open, I think that is the way it is supposed to work.
Have you tried driving slowly forward with door/bonnet/boot open and seeing what if anything it is doing now?

Hi, thanks for your contribution. I tried opening the door when driving at about 40km/h and the open door warning did show up. I also opened the bonnet whilst driving into the garage and the warning also showed up. So everything seems to be working now. Maybe the original open bonnet warning just happened because the metal sensor was a little dirty (or maybe because it had been raining a little - I have a feeling that humidity sometimes has strange consequences to the car's electrical system). Based on what you say and what I tried today, maybe these warnings only happen if you are driving at a minimum speed (no idea which).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom