Original supplying dealer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DavidL

MB Enthusiast
Car
s203 C55, x218 CLS63
Is there a way to find out who originally supplied my car?
The first few services were in Bristol but the car is an RY plate which is Reading.
I can't see anything in the paperwork that states who supplied it. I suppose the first owner could have ordered it in Reading and serviced it in Bristol, its not far away.
I'm actually after a keyring and plates from said original suppler but were they dealer branded or just generic MB ones in 2003?
I think 03 cars would have the new style plates, as now, but without the web address!

The clue can often be found on the small print on the bottom of the number plates.

Suggest you ask a Main Dealer to check the database. Would think it would be in there somewhere?

Don't you have paperwork showing the PDI ?

Whoever PDI'd it I would expect to be the supplying dealer .

With regard to keyrings, when we bought new in 2003 the car was supplied with what looked like a generic black MB keyfob, but it had the supplying dealer stamped/printed in silver on the black leather under the Mercedes 'badge'.

I've no idea if all dealers did the same.

I'll check for pdi but the first 3 services were all at Bristol. As its a Reading plate it doesn't quite make sense.
I'll check with our local merc place from the VIN and see what they say.
Thanks all.

Was it a company car? If so, the Head Office may have been in Reading, and the user based in Bristol.

Possibly, I don't know.
Just checked the service book and the first entry is 10/04 (registered 1/04) at 11k miles in Bristol. The next 6 services are in Bristol.
There is no mention of the PDI - should this be in the service book?

If you give me the chassis number, I'll check

Much appreciated JBD.
You have pm
David

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom