Other doors not unlocking after drivers door is opened

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mossy

Car
C220 CDI Sport
Hi, just discovered a recent problem with central locking on c220 w204. The doors will lock after the car has achieved a certain speed - they then usually unlock once the car is stopped and drivers door is opened.

Ive noticed in the past couple of years since ive had the car that about 1 time in 10 the other doors would not unlock after i opened the drivers door.
Now this past week or 2 ive noticed that they dont unlock at all, i have to press the unlock key on the key fob to open them

Does anyone know what the problem is here? Is something gone in the central locking?

thanks

You can set the locking so that when you unlock using the fob, either all doors unlock with one press or just the driver's door opens on the first press, and a second press is required to unlock the rest of the doors. It sounds like you have yours set to only unlock the driver's door on the first press. This is important because the locking system behaves differently after auto-locking spending upon how many doors you unlocked when you entered the car.

If you have only unlocked the driver's door, when you subsequently stop and open the driver's door none of the others will unlock. However, if you have given two presses on the fob and unlocked all the doors, when you subsequently stop and open the driver's door, all the doors will unlock simultaneously.

If this is what's happening with your car then everything's working as designed.

Thanks for your response Phil.

I havent changed anything (that im aware of) with the central locking so the question is, how do i set it so that when i stop the car and open the drivers door, the other doors/boot opens?
thanks

As I said in my post, it depends whether you unlocked only the driver's door when you got in the car, or if you unlocked all the doors before you got in.

To set the car so that all the doors unlock with one press of the fob, press and hold the lock and unlock buttons simultaneously on the key fob until the red light flashes (about 3 or 4 seconds). Now when you unlock the car with the fob all the doors will unlock. After the car has been driven and the doors auto-locked, when you open the driver's door all the doors will unlock again.

ok thanks Phil, get you now, i will try this out :)

I presume the doors don't unlock when you open the drivers door from inside, not using the key. Do they unlock when you use the unlock button, if that makes sense.

I presume the doors don't unlock when you open the drivers door from inside, not using the key. Do they unlock when you use the unlock button, if that makes sense.

yes Geoff they do (using the unlock button on the door console)

yeah, everything is fine. Other doors only unlock if opened prior to departing so all good! thanks :)

yeah, everything is fine. Other doors only unlock if opened prior to departing so all good! thanks :)
Glad to hear it.

It's one of those things that's quite logical and easy to understand once it's explained, but not so easy if you don't correlate the condition of the car when you originally unlocked it with what doors unlock when you open the driver's door.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom