Ouch the Aussie press is not happy with their Cricket team:

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R2D2

MB Enthusiast
Car
C350
Ouch the Aussie press is not happy with their Cricket team:

"Can't bat, can't bowl, can't field and can't even think straight "

"An embarrassment of historic proportions

THE worst Australian team ever fielded for an Ashes series ....watch England celebrate a 3-1 victory at the SCG in the knowledge they are the first side wearing baggy greens to have lost three Tests by more than an innings in a single series."

"England completes stunning Ashes victory "

"As England keeper Matt Prior pranced about the SCG after scoring another century, and "Gentle" Ben Hilfenhaus bowled so poorly he must have wished he could be transported back to his former life as a bricklayer, this was torture. Actually, it was such slow, painful torture that you wondered whether this is what it must be like to be squeezed to death by a boa constrictor. On the wicket on which England made more than 600 runs, Australia managed fewer than 300. On the wicket on which England's bowlers swung the ball wildly yesterday, Australia produced scant or no venom. It has been the story of the series. The 3-1 result will flatter Australia."

:)

Is it just me, or does it seem that there is a lot of sour grapes about this?

The commentators last night were saying that there was lots of negative press aimed at the Aussie team (and rightly so) but no mention of how well England had actually played either.

I also wasn't very keen that Vaughn presented the urn/trophy to Strauss - in past Ashes series has this not been the losing captain who has done this?

Whatever - it's been a cracking series. 3 innings wins, 6 batsmen averaging over 50, Prior taking 25-ish catches and doing well with the bat, a decent bowling unit in depth. Now we get to look forward to the slash and hack of ODI and 20/20... ho hum.

Well done guys :) now, how many Aussies do I have in my contacts list?

Reading the Aussie press online, they have taken it really badly-like it's a reflection on the whole nation. To be fair to the Aussies the press I have read is very gracious to the English team and they say that we outplayed their team. Their venom for their own team though-ouch...

A great team effort IMHO directed by Andy Flower and led by Andrew Strauss. Hope that there will be no complacency and we go on to improve further. Strauss is only the third England captain to win the Ashes home and away IIRC.

What an improvement from the days of Pietersen!

I was told that Aussie TV ended transmission part way through the lap of honour.

We did get it together, they were poor but we can't get complacent, we need to raise our game further and the Aussies will be back

The Aussie press is very similar to the English press - either at your feet or at your throat, as Churchill said of the Germans. While engaging in schadenfreude observing the Aussie press in full national mourning mode is great fun, all I want to do is revel in a superb England success because these things have been so rare in my life. I shall open something great to celebrate. Beer will sink very quickly, and Bollinger may be a bit flat though!

Why aren't the Australians drinking any wine to commiserate? Because they haven't got any openers....

What do you call an Australian cricketer with 100 against his name?

A bowler!

LOL. A whole new load of Aussie Cricket jokes is obviously on the way!:)

What does an Australian Batsman playing in the Ashes and Michael Jackson have in common?

They both wear gloves for no reason.

What do Aussie batsmen and drug addicts have in common?

Both spend most of their time wondering where their next score will come from.

What did the spectator miss when he went to the toilet?

The entire Australian innings.

Reading the Aussie press online, they have taken it really badly-like it's a reflection on the whole nation. To be fair to the Aussies the press I have read is very gracious to the English team and they say that we outplayed their team. Their venom for their own team though-ouch...

Now to be fair Australians as a whole take a very balanced view on such matters....a chip on each shoulder...

In class at an Aussie Junior school the teacher was going round the class one by one asking the kids to explain what their fathers did for a living. Little Jonnie's answer though worried her - "Well miss my dad is an exotic dancer in a Gay club full of men, and sometimes they put money down his pants for extras and he goes back to their place with them for the night so they can have Gay orgies and the like."
When class ended the teacher pulled Jonnie over to one side and asked if it was true about his Dad "No miss, my Dad's a cricketer, plays for Australia, but I didn't want to admit that in front of class..."

What do you call an Aussie with a bat?..................... A vet.

What do you call an Aussie with a bottle of champagne?...................A waiter.

What have Ricky Ponting and Houdini got in common?

They both get out easily.

Why is Australian lager called XXXX

Because they can't spell beer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom