Outlook Again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A

Ashley

I want to make it for I can view received e-mails from my reception computer on my office computer in Outlook 2003, the computers are obviously networked anyone any ideas on how to best achieve this.

I'll tried for years to find the outlook file over the network for I can place a shortcut to it on the toolbar without any joy.

I happy with one of two solutions a copy inbox of Outlook (reception) in my office computer version of Outlook or a shortcut to the file.

Cheers guys I know you will not let me down.

Regards,
zoo

PS. like the new aviator cheers. Sem

Add the Reception mailbox as an additional mailbox in your copy of Outlook.

Tools>Email accounts>Veiw or change>Change>More settings>Advance

Then add the Reception mailbox. It will appear in your folder list. It will display the number of unread mails but will not alert you when you get one.

Any probs, PM me.

Cheers, David

Cheers MAte I will try that in about 30 mins, I may be PMing you.

how can I spell somrthing I can not even say.

zooman said:
how can I spell somrthing I can not even say.

Ever had 'one' of those days :D

Regards,
John the hip-o-critter

jukie said:
Add the Reception mailbox as an additional mailbox in your copy of Outlook.

Tools>Email accounts>Veiw or change>Change>More settings>Advance

Then add the Reception mailbox. It will appear in your folder list. It will display the number of unread mails but will not alert you when you get one.

Any probs, PM me.

Cheers, David

OK got the frist bit got here now what.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jukie, think you'll find that only applies if the account is on an Exchange Server.

Zooman, if it's only emails you're concerned about, how about setting the reception computer to leave the emails on the server (presumably at the ISP) and then set your office computer to download them as normal?

Tools > Email Accounts > View or Change > Change > More Settings > Advanced > Leave a copy of messages on server

Check it for the reception PC, uncheck it for the Office PC.

Never done this, but can't see why it wouldn't work.

Failing that, get a cheaper mail server, such as WorkgroupMail, for when Exchange is overkill. Disclosure: I'm a reseller.

flyer does workgroup server integrate with blackberry?

i.e. i am looking to setup my own mail server at home and push emails out to both own laptop and potentially own blackberry
thanks

Alternatively, go for SmallBusinessServer 2003 and you get Exchange Server where you can access your full Outlook data store using OWA (Outlook Web Access).

SBS is awesome for an amazing price (c.£400). SBS might be overkill though if that's all you need it for :D

sasha said:
flyer does workgroup server integrate with blackberry?

i.e. i am looking to setup my own mail server at home and push emails out to both own laptop and potentially own blackberry
thanks
Hi Sasha, my [limited] understanding is that it is BlackBerry who provide the server software and that is currently only available for Exchange and Domino. I have asked Softalk whether there is any planned integration with BlackBerry but don't expect a positive response; I'll get back to you when I hear from them.

Flyer said:
Alternatively, go for SmallBusinessServer 2003 and you get Exchange Server where you can access your full Outlook data store using OWA (Outlook Web Access).

SBS is awesome for an amazing price (c.£400). SBS might be overkill though if that's all you need it for :D

Maybe after the EFY but not now. The only thing I need is to be able to read emails in the Inbox, Sent, and deleted. If that is the only way to go I will consider it for the next year (1st March in my case). Every thing else works lovely over the network & I also use this from home.

sasha said:
calm yourself and visit this site

http://www.iespell.com/

That integrates into 3.5 very nicely.

Anyone who would like to see the new features of vBulletin 3.5 can use this test account on my site. Just post where you like I will clear it up before I go live.

user name: MBClub
password: Test

Nearly everyone likes the new editor which is more ms word like and the fact you can copy and paste content into and keep formatting including pictures, links etc is very nice. And the ABC is very good indeed.

zooman said:
The only thing I need is to be able to read emails in the Inbox, Sent, and deleted.
Ah, well that first method won't work then, because you'd only be able to see new emails in your Inbox.

Search for *.pst for your Outlook file. Should be at:
C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

You could set up a share on that folder and access it on your office PC. you would have to be logged out [of Outlook] on the reception PC before trying to access it, but at least you would have only one version of the data file.

Flyer said:

:D :D Sorry for butting in on your excellent, informative thread, but the above sentence really appealed to my sense of humour. £400 cheap at half the price ("Not by strength, by guile")

Regards,
John the giggler

Flyer said:
Ah, well that first method won't work then, because you'd only be able to see new emails in your Inbox.

Search for *.pst for your Outlook file. Should be at:
C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

You could set up a share on that folder and access it on your office PC. you would have to be logged out [of Outlook] on the reception PC before trying to access it, but at least you would have only one version of the data file.

Do you mean me logged out (zoo) or outlook turned off?

zooman said:
Do you mean me logged out (zoo) or outlook turned off?
Logged out of Outlook [only]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom