Outside temp display 2005 w203

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Essexstu

Car
C55 AMG
Guys

I have a 05 C class and the lower display shows the time and speed in kph. I want it to display out temp but cant see how to do this through the menus. The handbook explains how to change the display of the outside temp from F to degrees C but then on page 128 selecting the display from speed to outside time there is a note to say 1 Except in the United Kingdom.

This is nuts? The car allows me to choose between degrees F and C but I have no way of actually displaying what the outside temp is? Surely this cant be correct?

Any ideas? Is there no way I can display outside temp?

MB have taken the stance that UK spec'd cars must always display kph.

The only way round it is to have the car coded for ROW (I think that's correct...). Unlikely that a dealer will do this for you so find a knowledgeable indie who can use STAR to do this.

MB have taken the stance that UK spec'd cars must always display kph.

The only way round it is to have the car coded for ROW (I think that's correct...). Unlikely that a dealer will do this for you so find a knowledgeable indie who can use STAR to do this.

Thanks White, crazy situation. Knowing the outside temp is surely more useful to the driver than speed in kmh? Very odd. Is there any way I can see outside temp on the centre screen anywhere? If not then why even fit a temp sensor to UK cars? Or dont they?

And I always thought the germans were so logical lol

^ +1

The only way is to have it done on Star. UK Delete.

To comply with UK law, the speed needs to be capable of being displayed in both mph and kph, but as Mercedes analogue speedometers only have mph markings on the dial the digital display shows the speed in kph.

As whitenemesis says, a main dealer won't do this for you and only a few Independents know how to do it.

Is there any way I can see outside temp on the centre screen anywhere? If not then why even fit a temp sensor to UK cars? Or dont they?

And I always thought the germans were so logical lol

Scroll through the menus using the buttons on the wheel. Can't remember which menu it's in, but it will tell you in the handbook.

Is there any way I can see outside temp on the centre screen anywhere? If not then why even fit a temp sensor to UK cars? Or dont they?

Not in the car now and it's one of those things you do without thinking but it's someting likes:
Use the page buttons on the steering wheel until you get to the one that shows total mileage, then use the arrow buttons to scroll to get to the temp display.

Guys

I have a 05 C class and the lower display shows the time and speed in kph. I want it to display out temp but cant see how to do this through the menus. The handbook explains how to change the display of the outside temp from F to degrees C but then on page 128 selecting the display from speed to outside time there is a note to say 1 Except in the United Kingdom.

This is nuts? The car allows me to choose between degrees F and C but I have no way of actually displaying what the outside temp is? Surely this cant be correct?

Any ideas? Is there no way I can display outside temp?

Yes but it needs coding. Pop over and see us and we can change it for you along with a few other things that we can enable.

Have a look here and you can see my C55 which we did it to;
Coding / STAR

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom