Overnight parking in Chelsea

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IanA2

MB Enthusiast
Car
SL60 AMG, GES300, Lexus GS 430
Anyone know of a cheap & safe place near the Royal Marsden?

If it hasn't changed since my time you can park in residents parking zones round there from about 8pm til 8.30. There's a very small car park under Nell Gwynn House and a larger one at World's End (Edith Grove) which are within walking distance (I'd grab a taxi from the latter).

I didn't think that Cheap and Chelsea fitted together very well……….

Double check the residents parking bays, some of them are restricted until 10pm (or 10.30pm) now (which was the case in Earls Court Square, where I was yesterday).

Usually, in spaces where you can park on the street and pay at a machine, the restrictions often end at 6.30pm, but double check the machines to make sure.

Thanks folks.

If it hasn't changed since my time you can park in residents parking zones round there from about 8pm til 8.30. There's a very small car park under Nell Gwynn House and a larger one at World's End (Edith Grove) which are within walking distance (I'd grab a taxi from the latter).

Unfortunately the times don't suit. When I saw World's End my immediate reaction was "no way", but I see it's secure so that's a maybe. Would prefer something nearer but hey ho.

It isnt going to be cheap I suspect.

This gives a couple of options.

London Car Parks

Yes that shows the WE option which may be the best. Iirc you used to be able to park by the Farmer's Market and behind the Old Town Hall, but that was years ago.

What I really want is a board member local with nice secure underground parking:D

Christopher's correct - I just checked the map of K&C parking and all the residents bays are til 10pm around there. It used to be 8pm when I left three years ago, but the pressure on parking gets ever greater.

Ian - the place at Worlds End is pretty secure - I kept my three fun cars there for years without incident other than self harm on a pillar.

Christopher's correct - I just checked the map of K&C parking and all the residents bays are til 10pm around there. It used to be 8pm when I left three years ago, but the pressure on parking gets ever greater.

Ian - the place at Worlds End is pretty secure - I kept my three fun cars there for years without incident other than self harm on a pillar.

This is looking stronger. It seems I can get a discount, and can get there without crossing into the congestion charge zone :thumb:

Thanks to everyone for all the tips/hints/suggestions. As ever most helpful. I've just spoken to a very nice Spanish/Italian lady at the WE billet who has done me a superb deal. So in answer to the post, do Cheap and Chelsea go together, it seems that sometimes (not very often) they do :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom