Own up - who left this on my Jaguar?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Charles Morgan

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes 250CE W114, Alfa Romeo GT Coupe 3.2 V6
Found this morning on my newly acquired Jaguar XJR. Anyone want to own up here? :p

Jaguarscum_zpsd5xuqxaz.jpg

Charles

Have you received the white feather I sent you in the post? I have sent it anonymously so you will never know it was me. No use getting forensics involved? I wore gloves and a condom.

I'm hoping that's not on the bonnet of your recently re-sprayed, now red, XJR.

If so, I think I'd be withholding payment :eek:.

Charles

Have you received the white feather I sent you in the post? I have sent it anonymously so you will never know it was me. No use getting forensics involved? I wore gloves and a condom.

Got a condom with a whole load of chicken feathers on it. Must have been someone else as there was a clear Husky footprint on the covering letter.

I'm hoping that's not on the bonnet of your recently re-sprayed, now red, XJR.

If so, I think I'd be withholding payment :eek:.

Well, it needed a slight touch up but Halfords didn't have any Antigua blue so I rattle canned it with my BMW Zinnobar red, looks fine to me :dk:

Get some photos up Charles, I love the lines of the XJ.

When I've had a chance to give the cat some real detailed attention. Hopefully Saturday.

It's from a Volvo owner...

Fancied a change. Had more W124s than most mad people, 2 AMGs, one 211 E500, a W210 and a W114. So far, beginning to think I should have switched a long time ago. Beautiful build, not a single squeak or bit of rust, great ride, oily smooth transmission and a howling supercharged straight six, all for the price of a rusty W124...

How are you finding the cabin space? I've yet to find one that even vaguely approaches acceptable levels of headroom.

I think someone of your height would struggle Drew. Mine doesn't have a sunroof so gains a couple of inches and I seem to be the right proportions (longitudinally) - not greatly long legs and more torso. But it seems to fit me like a glove. It's rather like my SM, immense on the outside and really rather small in.

telu said:
That's brilliant... Who would change from a Merc to a Jag????

Jaguars never pretend to be something they are not, they always ride and handle well and generally offer value for money.
A Mercedes on the other hand has to convince you that it's a good car despite some( in my opinion) bizarre flaws and features that are often inferior to less expensive marques.

X308 or X350 Charles?

It's an X300 JohnEBoy, I have a real thing for straight sixes.

I meant to say "or older" as I thought you might have gone for a pre-Ford Series II or Series III.

I really loved the Metallic Aquamarine (Turquoise) XJRs of the X300 vintage.

I considered one back somewhere in 2000 I think it was but I think the headroom was a bit of an issue for me - later confirmed by my then CEO advising a 99/V plater XJ8 he had would light on headroom for him - and he was in the latter 5ft height range.

I gave up on cars with not enough headroom after I discovered by accident that the cars I had been driving were causing me to pull my neck quite badly (and painfully) when out of the car!

I'd heard the 6 cylinders were not that reliable when compared to 8 cylinders of the X308 era - is this not the case or are you not bothered?

Great choice...Supercharged straight 6:thumb: without the later woes of nikasil bore and plastic timing chain tensioner issues on the later V8's:doh:

It's an X300 JohnEBoy, I have a real thing for straight sixes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom