P Symbol on Display

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BruLan

Car
SLK350, VW Tiguan , Mini Cooper
I have a 2014 C250D AMG
On the centre Display a Blue P illuminates when going below about 20 MPH
Any idea what this means theres no mention of it in the Book
A friend of mine has the same on an E250 Coupe and when I asked him he also has no idea so ignores it !
Any help appreciated

It signifies the car has detected a parking space.

Yup, using front and rear parking sensors it detects gaps big enough to park the car in. I'm sure it will be described in your handbook. Look in the section that details the instrument cluster display.

Does nobody actually read the manual anymore?

No, it means that below 20mph the parking sensors on the front become active. (rears become active on selecting reverse)

If it shows an arrow left or right of the P, then it has found a space big enough for the car.

Well, this is how it works on my E Class, presume its the same on a C?

No, it means Parking Guidance is active and when the system detects a suitable space the arrow will illuminate to show which side of the road it is.

If you stop and put it in reverse whilst the arrow is illuminated either side of the P it will also guide you back into the space. Only tried it once and realised I can do a better job without it.

I don't have the P symbol in my old bus...but I did get an owner's manual...progress?

I don't have the P symbol in my old bus...but I did get an owner's manual...progress?

Only if you read it....

P on my dash means that the auto is set to Park.

I only get this when completely stationary……………..

Thats most Helpful Thanks !

Had Mercedes Solihull supplied me with the correct book then I would

Now if I had been you, which I'm not, I'd have mentioned that to silence your (justified) detractors.:p

Did your friend buy his car from the same dealer?

When we went to the toy shop last week, my 2 children bought some Simpsons Lego Minifigures.

My son was delighted to exclaim that he had had Apu in the back of the car, my daughter got two figures the same, but no problem as the lad was happy to swap, so my daughter had Apu in the front.

Never seen anyone having P on the dashboard before!

Did go to Chester Zoo recently and when we went to the Monkey house you could really smell Macaq.

Happy to help.

Regards, Neil

BruLan said:
Thats most Helpful Thanks !
You're welcome. Glad to be of service.
BruLan said:
Had Mercedes Solihull supplied me with the correct book then I would
Two more nuggets of help:

1. If the manual for the car wasn't supplied, ask the dealer for it. You'll find it to be full of useful information about how to get the best out of your purchase
2. In the absence of a paper manual, you can view an online version on the Mercedes-Benz UK website

:thumb:

My dealer not only explained this feature but actively demonstrated it when handing over the car

Now if I had been you, which I'm not, I'd have mentioned that to silence your (justified) detractors.:p

Did your friend buy his car from the same dealer?

No he's not read the Book - he only does about 2000 miles a year !!

Strangely you don't NEED a Manual with Apple Products !!

Reason I did not mention initially was just wanted some quick help !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom