P Symbol on Display

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No he's not read the Book - he only does about 2000 miles a year !!

Strangely you don't NEED a Manual with Apple Products !!

Reason I did not mention initially was just wanted some quick help !!

:D You got the quick help...and the rest.

You're welcome. Glad to be of service. Two more nuggets of help:

1. If the manual for the car wasn't supplied, ask the dealer for it. You'll find it to be full of useful information about how to get the best out of your purchase
2. In the absence of a paper manual, you can view an online version on the Mercedes-Benz UK website

:thumb:

Thanks for your latest advice

WOW Never thought of asking the supplying dealer for the Manual - :wallbash:

I asked 3 days ago & Still waiting :fail

It signifies the car has detected a parking space.

Not on a C Class.

Yup, using front and rear parking sensors it detects gaps big enough to park the car in.
As above.

No, it means that below 20mph the parking sensors on the front become active.

Correct.

No, it means Parking Guidance is active and when the system detects a suitable space the arrow will illuminate to show which side of the road it is.

Not on a C Class. There is no self parking option.

Beg to differ DieselMan - parking guidance is available, but not self-parking. According to my manual, which I have read.

Beg to differ DieselMan - parking guidance is available, but not self-parking. According to my manual, which I have read.

I think parking guidance is the P symbol, nothing more.

I have experience of both systems.

Edited out due to misreading previous posts! My apologies

Last edited:
P indicates system active, below a set speed.The <P pr P> will indicate a parking space has been detected. If on the offside, you must have your righthand indicator on. Then the display will prompt you to use guidance. Acknowledge with a yes and you are instructed to drive back and forwards, stop, and turn the wheel in relevant direction.

The cup intrigued me too - it means attention assist is turned on in options.

P indicates system active, below a set speed.The <P pr P> will indicate a parking space has been detected. If on the offside, you must have your righthand indicator on. Then the display will prompt you to use guidance.

These are two separate options, Parktronic and Parking Guidance.

P indicates system active, below a set speed.The <P pr P> will indicate a parking space has been detected. If on the offside, you must have your righthand indicator on. Then the display will prompt you to use guidance. Acknowledge with a yes and you are instructed to drive back and forwards, stop, and turn the wheel in relevant direction.

The cup intrigued me too - it means attention assist is turned on in options.

Thats the most useful reply to-date - Many Thanks
Couple of questions How do you give a "Yes" ?
And whats the Cup ?

Thanks in advance

Thats the most useful reply to-date - Many Thanks
Couple of questions How do you give a "Yes" ?
And whats the Cup ?

Thanks in advance

The yes is I think on the centre dial, much like when you reset the fuel consumption/trip computer. Use the OK and arrow buttons on the steering wheel.
The reference to the cup was I think in a post that has now been edited - the writer was mentioning the cup and saucer displayed on the dial, and trying to activate lane drifting warning I think.

Dieselman, mine only has parking guidance, not Parktronic.

Not on a C Class.

As above.

Correct.

Not on a C Class. There is no self parking option.

Suggest you read the interactive online handbook!

It is described as I posted.

At no point did I say "self park" ....

All I wanted was some friendly advice, for a simple question

But as usual it ends up as an opportunity for people with no useful input to the original Question to increase their Posting Count, and be condescending to newer Members.

Thanks anyway

No problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom