P0244 w211 e320cdi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ajcreece

Car
e320 cdi
Absolutely gutted been on a 500 mile trip working away all been good car pulling great. Returning great mpg absolutely no problems! Get to about 30 miles from home just coming down the slip road to rejoin the motorway from the services and my car decides to go into limp mode. Get back off the motorway and do a quick scan using the torque app and got the fault code p0244 turbo wastegate solenoid. Anyone got any ideas? It's also put the EM light on in the car aswell now! I have noticed that when I turn the car off and back on I get all power back again for a limited amount of time before going back into limp mode. Also now I've got it home on the drive when the car seems to be a lot more smokey than usual. I've seen people say may need to get a refurbished turbo controller box. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Just gone back to the car no EML power is there no more limp mode although the fault code is still there! Need the car tomorrow unsure whether to use it or not

Turbo actuator failing should not cause any damage apart from lack of performance.

Can you clear the fault now?

I've cleared it off using the torque app so will give it a check in the morning and give you guys an update! As i dont know how good this app is lol! Thanks for the replies

200 plus mile trip today and everything has been really good. No problems whatsoever

200 plus mile trip today and everything has been really good. No problems whatsoever
The turbo intake hose if it starts to tear ( which they all do usually on the underside of them where u cant see them ) throws up various codes and P0244 is one of them. Ive had to sort one before. The pressure loss kicks computer into limp mode pointing to the wastegate solenoid. When usually its nothing to do with it OR the turbo. Ide hazard a guess you have a loose hose clip somewhere or a hose that is starting to wear and tare. Im only guessing on experience from these cars Ive worked on. U might notice a slightly louder wooshing noise starting to happen when ur accelerating. Try driving in a residential closed in area with ur windows down and kick the accelerator off n on n see if u notice any diffirence in the engine sound. The wooshing am talking about. Also it might very well not be anything to do with what I just said but I suggest ruling it out. Because the fault was intermittent is another reason I suggested the above......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom