Pagid sports pack discs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I bought my car with 24k on it and didn't need to change the disks until 78k. I assume they were still the originals on it when I bought it.

I too went for the Pagid from ECP. I paid £70 for the pair with pads and sensor. 15k later and they are starting to go. I can feel the pads catching when I am going slowly in traffic.
They are still OK under normal braking, but I can't see them lasting much longer.

You have sports pack, I'd make sure that your calipers are not seizing, very common.

Pagid pads are fine but the discs are garbage they warp badly usually before 20k. On the other hand Pagid pro discs and pads are brilliant have them fitted to my Subaru Impreza they have taken some real abuse yet are still perfect.

So what is the comeback here. I have fitted Pagid discs & pads all round to my AMG and less than 5K later I have a rumble/vibration from the N/S front under light or heavy braking. Wheels and tyres all checked out fine as is balancing tracking etc. So I am thinking I have a warped disc. Not happy that I have paid (a) for new discs and pads (b) for the fitting.

I think you're only option is to return the discs to the supplier, depending on the particular supplier they'll either return the discs to the distributor/manufacturer as a warranty claim or credit you there and then, more than likely the former.

So what is the comeback here. I have fitted Pagid discs & pads all round to my AMG and less than 5K later I have a rumble/vibration from the N/S front

Same side here, so where does that leave us?
I see there`s also Textar, ATE and Eicher discs to suit, some cheaper some dearer, which ones are the best?

I can`t replace discs plus pads every 5 - 10k or so.

What's wrong with fitting MB discs and pads?

I have had a noticeable vibration when braking that started a couple of weeks ago but is getting worse,

I had something similar when I first got the car annd that turned out to be a tyre that was not circular. This feels similar as the steering wheel shakes but no obvious judder through the brake pedal. I did however, have Pagid discs and pads fitted around 30,000 miles ago, still plenty of pad thickness and disc wear appears even with only a minor wear lip. I am having the wheels, tyres and tracking checked tomorrow and whilst the wheels are off will get the brakes and suspension checked over.

I would look at your calipers and make sure they are not sticking. I've done over 5k on my pagids and still working fine and I hammer my brakes hard.

Ones supplied by Mercedes? I had a feeling that they do, or did manufacture their own?

Yes, looks like some come from Pagid,
just like to know if any of the members have used another make that they found were better quality?

"Pagid's reputation for high performance friction is substantiated by O.E. approvals with:

• Audi S4, S6, RS 6, TT, Q7
  • Mercedes C-Class, SLR
  • Opel Vectra OPC
  • Lamborghini Murcielago
  • Aston Martin Vanquish
  • VW Phaeton, Touareg
  • Porsche 997 GT3 RS, Cayenne
Leading the field in both O.E. and aftermarket friction development, Pagid is working in partnership with the world's leading brake and vehicles manufacturers for high performance cars."

Hi guys,

All of our Discs come with a minimum 12 month warranty (25 month for Pagid brakes when purchased and fitted as a set front and rear) As most of you know the Pagid braking range covers a huge selection of manufacturer fitted parts, and all of the range meets Original Equipment Specification. (hence how we can offer such a long warranty on the Pagid range)

If anybody is noticing issues with any part purchased from ECP you can rest assured we have a simple and efficient warranty process that allows members a no quibble exchange - (The discs will still be tested but this allows the customer to get the issue fixed ASAP.)

If there are any outstanding problems, please feel free to give me a shout directly and i can help to resolve it.

Pat

Not a thing - which ones are Merc OE equipment?

Just buy from MB. You'll be assured of the correct fit and quality. MB prices I have found to be very competitive where discs and pads are concerned.

The ECP 'simple and efficient' warranty process means that the local store has to send the warped discs away for testing to verify the warranty claim - a process which takes 6 to 8 weeks.

The ECP 'simple and efficient' warranty process means that the local store has to send the warped discs away for testing to verify the warranty claim - a process which takes 6 to 8 weeks.

Hi,

We have 2 options - a no quibble exchange, where any faulty parts are replaced like for like in store.

If you need to claim for further labour charges, then we will need to get the parts tested (to ensure that they have failed due to manufacturing defects) - at which point we can then refund the price of the parts, and the labour fee associated. - Unfortunately this takes upto 6 weeks to go through

hope that helps,

Pat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom