Paid £1.12.9 per litre for Shell V-power tonight!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bishy

:eek: great huh?! NOT :mad:

That's painful !

My local Tesco are the cheapest round here at £1.02.9 then the 5p/litre reduction applicable , with Morrisons a penny more and the same voucher reduction . All the other petrol stations are charging £1.05.9 or £1.06.9 with no reductions . A couple of small garages with low petrol turnover are even more expensive .

You have to spend £50 in Tesco but only £40 in Morrisons to get the vouchers .

Thank the government for that, so heavily taxed, here in Cali its about half that £0.58/litre ($3.35 a gallon, us gallon=3.5 litres) i think the lowest i've seen it over the last year was $2.40/gal!

I returned from Miami just over a week ago, about $2.50ish per US gallon there from what I remember.

Will

Can you see the attraction of 600+Nm of torque and fuel figures like this?:D

Last edited:
Can you see the attraction of 600+Nm of torque and fuel figures like this?:D

Not really, because you may have 600 Nm of torque under the bonnet but you can not be using them if you are getting those consumption figures - have you thought about a diesel Yaris? :D

Thank the government for that, so heavily taxed, here in Cali its about half that £0.58/litre ($3.35 a gallon, us gallon=3.5 litres) i think the lowest i've seen it over the last year was $2.40/gal!

Probably much lower Octane.

My parents are paying around 85p per gallon in Dubai.

Its less than 20p a litre in Libya.

V Power round my way is about 115p

Last edited:
Not really, because you may have 600 Nm of torque under the bonnet but you can not be using them if you are getting those consumption figures - have you thought about a diesel Yaris? :D

I've also got more than one bedroom in my house, but don't sleep in them all every night:doh:
The torque certainly is used....but only as required:thumb:
In motorsport they say:
Power wins arguments
Torque wins races

And with fuel prices as we have them, I do like the economy!

Last edited:
Don't forget the VAT reduction will be coming off soon too so that will add to everything including fuel! :wallbash:
Good old Gordon has to fill his black hole from somewhere and the motorist is normally Number 1 target! :crazy:
He'll then claim a reduction in C02 as the main benefit, as he climbs off the "very green" Jumbo Jet from his recent trip! :confused:

At least I'm not at the filling station so much now I burner to use during the week. ;)

Probably much lower Octane.

Out of interest, IIRC the US octane rating is a different system to ours. So it's not simply a straight comparison to UK/EU fuels.

Not saying that US fuel is any good (a lot of it is full of ethanol!?) but don't compare the octane number on their fuel directly to what you're used to, as they're measured differently.

Will

V Power petrol near me 107.9p, V Power Diesel 108.9p Normal shell fuels 5p per litre lower than this.
V-Power near work (Manchester) is about 6-7p more than regular unleaded, which is 102.9/103.9 atm.

Spoke to a mate of mine today. He works for Shell and was told that the price for petrol at the pump will be £1.35 to £1.40 a ltr by Christmas...

i paid 1.07p in dover 3 weeks ago then the next fill up was france at 1.41 euros a litre, another fill up in spain was at 1.04 euro a litre, but the best was gibraltar at 69p a litre

I am saying nothing.....here's a pic of my company car! :thumb:

Attachments

• Shell at cambridge.jpg
    Shell at cambridge.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 62
I am saying nothing.....here's a pic of my company car!

For many years I've wanted to try to drive a HGV :) Hopefully one day I'll get around to booking a few hours lessons, just for the experience.

Do they put baffles in trailers that hold fluids to stop it slushing around each time your break or turn?

So what are the company discounts like at Shell? ;)

yeah I think there are 6 or 8 partitions.

My local Tesco 99 octane is 1.11p.. with 5p of each litre it aint too bad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom