Paint Protection

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

markjay

MB Master
SUPPORTER
Car
2022 Hyundai IONIQ 5 RWD / 2016 Suzuki Vitara AWD
Now that I have managed to sort our the 'supermarket dings' on my W204...:

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/body...aintless-dent-removal-highly-recommended.html

...I am thinking of some sort of paint protection that can be applied to the Magnetite Black paintwork.

Sadly I am no longer able to do much DIY these days, and at any rate the car is parked on a busy London street so not the best place for DYI jobs of any kind...

I took the W203 to New Again in Chelmsford at the time, but while they did a decent job I think it a bit OTT to go there just for that so won't be taking the W204 there.

So in short... looking for recommendation for a good and affordable place to have some sort of paint protection applied by a reputable detailer - SureGuard, Supagard, that sort of thing - preferably around Central/West/North London.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
I would forget about the supagard or guard X there not
Worth the money with the guard X you are supposed to
Keep the car under cover for 24 hours to let it cure before
You can take it out I have tried both of these products and
I can say that a good quality wax is definitely just as good
If not a lot better and more protection

Don't instantly dismiss the DIY option. Polish the side nearest the curb, then turn the car around for the other side.

autoglym super resin polish gets my value for money vote.

Don't instantly dismiss the DIY option. Polish the side nearest the curb, then turn the car around for the other side.

autoglym super resin polish gets my value for money vote.

...and what about my back-pain... or the left arm and shoulder pain... or.... etc.. :(:(:( sorry, past the age :D

Nano coating?

Any particular recommendation? Saw Gtechniq being mentioned in a few places.

...and what about my back-pain... or the left arm and shoulder pain... or.... etc.. :(:(:( sorry, past the age :D

Fair enough.
Maybe still buy a pot and pay a neighbour's kid to do it for you. £20 well spent, it's not exactly a high skill task.

Any particular recommendation? Saw Gtechniq being mentioned in a few places.
My Obsidian Black E63 was done with Gtechniq Crystal Serum, but Ed recommended Kamikaze products for my Diamond White E63. In two years of ownership all I ever did was wash the black car, and it looked as good two years on as the day it was done. The white car was detailed by Ed a year ago and the Kamikaze coating is again as good as the day it was done, and the only maintenance its had is washing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom