Paintless Dent Removal (PDR) on an S55

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HarpreetSingh

Car
S55KL AMG (W220)
Good evening all

Some advice please. Ive an S55 AMG, which has a series of small dings across the front doors. I understand that PDR could do the trick here, however ive been refused by 2 companies so far today who said that they cant do it because the windows are double glazed. Can anyone shed some light on this one for me please, is the double glazing really prone to shattering?

If this is the case and i cant get my dents out this'll mean going to a bodyshop and having a filler jobby done on it then which is a shame really.

Any advice is much appreciated, many thanks.

dents

Dont give up,keep on asking PDR people some one will do it .You may just have to remove the door card for the operator to work on the inside of the door while the window is in the up possition. You dont want a paint job ...

There are some really good PDR's out there who have been doing it for years, but there's also some that have jumped on the recent PDR band wagon and don't have the experience and can only do limited repairs and even then quite badly.

Remove the door panel is the best option but don't let them drill access holes in the door and use bungs to cover the holes up afterwards, :(

Most reputable body shops have a decent panel beater who should have a good idea whats your best option, some dents take a lot of time they spend hours working it and that's where the bill gets expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom