panel gap seals..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MWCLS

MB Enthusiast
Car
S320 CDI Perlite Gray Metallic 2005
I Recently collected my W219 CLS after some extensive bodywork. Whilst I had the car out today I noticed on the boot lid edge leading to the rear quarter the rubber seal not flush or tight.

Actually a gap so if the car was outside or driven in the rain I would think I would have a wet boot and some electrical gremlins to boot!

Does anyone have any pics of their rear boot lid seals to rear qtr?

I'm going back to the bodyshop at some point this week, I could do without the agro just want to see what others are like before I say anything.

Last edited:
2015-10-18-18-29-43.jpg

2015-10-18-18-29-59.jpg

2015-10-18-18-30-10.jpg

Drivers side, quite a noticeable gap, airmatic gubbins behind there.

Last edited:
2015-10-18-18-30-59.jpg

2015-10-18-18-31-24.jpg

2015-10-18-18-31-31.jpg

Two of the passenger side, I think the central locking module is located there along with the nav and fuse board.

Maybe the rubber seal has shrunk as the car had never been painted before?

Wondering how much MB will charge for a new complete plastic/rubber boot surround the part that wraps around the boot under the rear screen down either side of the tail lights with two rubber flaps sitting flush under the rear lights.

I did look under the rear bumper and could see a bolt either side which hadn't been attached to the surround I re attached but to no avail.

Last edited:
Anyone? I've been searching the net, nothing conclusive. Surely you shouldn't be able to see 2/3mm gap where the top of the rear light meets the boot lid rear qtr.

Bizarre!

Solved the issue new plastic finishers boot a surrounds purchased from MB inc screws etc £39.84, I guess after 9 years of being on there and having been removed for paint it was a tall order to get them back on properly, new ones will do the trick.

good news it was sorted cheaply :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom