Park between the white lines dear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Harrythedog

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
GLC 250 Sport Premium+
You just couldn't make it up!

image-47075572.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

why are a lot of drivers so thick ? how the hell do they pass their test and doesn't common sense prevail ????????????

And my wife wonders why I always park at the far end of a car park Away from everyone else

why are a lot of drivers so thick ? how the hell do they pass their test and doesn't common sense prevail ????????????

What test? :confused:

Ah well...

Attachments

• i-see-dumb-people.jpg
    i-see-dumb-people.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 143
You should have waited to take another photo, when the 2nd dimwit parked next to them:doh:

As an aside, it's a private car park (Asda) so what law if any has been broken?

There's a place we often stop in Perth when on our way further north , an outdoor equipment shop which has a play area for kids and a cafe .

The car park is a fairly normal one , except it has three or four long spaces for people with caravans or trailers , and I have occasionally used them if I have the trailer on since it is the only place I can park .

It amazes me how often I see a small car , parked by an idiot taking up one of these spaces when there are plenty of normal spaces available .

In the next episode I will go on about misuse of disabled or parent & child spaces .....

Followed a "lady"into the petrol station yesterday and to my surprise she stopped at the first pump rather than move to the forward one which was clear and operational.

I drove through, reversed into the one in front of her!
She paid for her couple of quids worth of fuel with coins apparently ( I dont go in, I send the wife).
She then had to reverse to get out!
Still not sure she got the message.

Pontoneer said:
There's a place we often stop in Perth when on our way further north , an outdoor equipment shop which has a play area for kids and a cafe .

The car park is a fairly normal one , except it has three or four long spaces for people with caravans or trailers , and I have occasionally used them if I have the trailer on since it is the only place I can park .

It amazes me how often I see a small car , parked by an idiot taking up one of these spaces when there are plenty of normal spaces available .

In the next episode I will go on about misuse of disabled or parent & child spaces .....

Haha I once blocked a guy in the only remaining parent and child space at Sainsbury's because he had pulled in to it in front of me leaving me and my wife to struggle getting our son out of his baby seat in the back of a 2dr Nova!! We decided to have lunch in the cafe while he waved his arms at a yellow coat in the car park. Longest time he ever spent drawing £10 from a cash machine! The yellow coat tried to stifle a grin when we finally came out explaining that behind the "gentlemans" car was the only remaining place where I could fully open my doors to access the back. I was young and wreckless then so was quite lucky not to get bopped probably!!!

Haha I once blocked a guy in the only remaining parent and child space at Sainsbury's because he had pulled in to it in front of me leaving me and my wife to struggle getting our son out of his baby seat in the back of a 2dr Nova!! We decided to have lunch in the cafe while he waved his arms at a yellow coat in the car park. Longest time he ever spent drawing £10 from a cash machine! The yellow coat tried to stifle a grin when we finally came out explaining that behind the "gentlemans" car was the only remaining place where I could fully open my doors to access the back. I was young and wreckless then so was quite lucky not to get bopped probably!!!

I agree you were quite lucky!

Tony.

Oh dear, you've got me started now. Let me first tell you that I have two children and four grandchildren so I know all about the difficulties that can be encountered with them from time to time.

So on to my first question, which is WHY should people with children have preferential treatment at car parks? Why is it that you expect a special space for you to be able to easily get your child out of your car? When my back is aching (unlike the children of most parents, not a choice I've made) I'd like a parking space that makes it easier to get out of my car, but I don't expect it.

My second question is WHY do whole families have to go food shopping together? Did you need to take your child to Sainsbury's that day? Are you and your wife incapable of shopping on your own? I do the food shopping twice a week and rarely see a happy child in the supermarket. All too often they're bored out of their poor little brains as they're dragged around by mum, dad or usually both. Is it really too difficult to leave one parent at home with the children whilst the other does the shopping? Is it really essential to inflict the cries, screams, pushchairs and careless wanderers on those of us who want to get in and out of the shop as fast and as peacefully as we can?

Finally, did you really enjoy inconveniencing that guy you blocked in? Of course you did. Did you stop to think that he may have been getting the money from the cash machine to buy pain killers for his child who was at home suffering? Did you stop to think that he knew he'd only be a minute so was causing relatively little inconvenience to others but was in a hurry? Did you consider parking further away where there was plenty space to get your child out of the car? Did you consider the inconvenience you may have caused others by parking incorrectly as you must have done to have blocked him in? I very much doubt it. Yes he was wrong to have parked where he did, but nowhere near as wrong as you were.

If its the Tissots opposite Arnold Clarks MB dealership large parts of that car park are cordoned off at the moment for reasons unknown. That shopping complex seems to be dying a death despite its prime location on the A9. Used to be a busy vibrant stopping off place for the passing tourist trade when the Caithness Glass factory was there.Now its taking on a post apocalypse look. Dobbies Garden Centre at what was the Auction Mart Centre just up the road seems to have inherited the mantle of major tourist stopping off point for the moment. A new Sainsbury store is due to open there fairly soon too.

Graeme , yes that is the one .

The works had started the last time we visited there a few weeks ago ; on that occasion we went to the pub just a short distance down the Dunkeld Rd , towards where Dicksons used to be .

In years gone by , Caithness Glass was another good stopping off point - a pity it closed down .

Oh dear, you've got me started now. Let me first tell you that I have two children and four grandchildren so I know all about the difficulties that can be encountered with them from time to time.

So on to my first question, which is WHY should people with children have preferential treatment at car parks? Why is it that you expect a special space for you to be able to easily get your child out of your car? When my back is aching (unlike the children of most parents, not a choice I've made) I'd like a parking space that makes it easier to get out of my car, but I don't expect it.

My second question is WHY do whole families have to go food shopping together? Did you need to take your child to Sainsbury's that day? Are you and your wife incapable of shopping on your own? I do the food shopping twice a week and rarely see a happy child in the supermarket. All too often they're bored out of their poor little brains as they're dragged around by mum, dad or usually both. Is it really too difficult to leave one parent at home with the children whilst the other does the shopping? Is it really essential to inflict the cries, screams, pushchairs and careless wanderers on those of us who want to get in and out of the shop as fast and as peacefully as we can?

Finally, did you really enjoy inconveniencing that guy you blocked in? Of course you did. Did you stop to think that he may have been getting the money from the cash machine to buy pain killers for his child who was at home suffering? Did you stop to think that he knew he'd only be a minute so was causing relatively little inconvenience to others but was in a hurry? Did you consider parking further away where there was plenty space to get your child out of the car? Did you consider the inconvenience you may have caused others by parking incorrectly as you must have done to have blocked him in? I very much doubt it. Yes he was wrong to have parked where he did, but nowhere near as wrong as you were.

Thats bit vague I would say.

Its like saying; why should people with disabled badges have preferential treatment? Note when I say, people with disabled badges, not actual disabled people.
I have seen enough folk, young and old, pulling into disabled spaces, showing absolutely no signs of loss of mobility or any other visible issues.
But it doesnt change the fact, that there is a large number of people who are actually disabled, and desperately need access to those designated spaces.

I work away most of the time, and got two littles with no immidiate family living close by. Should my wife get a baby sitter each time she needs to go to the shop, just because some inconsiderate person chose to park next to the shop door to get pack of fags or newspaper?

You oversimplify what I would call lack of courtessy towards other fellow being.

knighterrant said:

In answer to your first question(s) because the proprietors have designated those spaces whether you (or he) liked it or not they were for me to park in that day not him. And "when your back is aching" is not that consistent and therefore difficult to make allowance for unless you can qualify for an orange badge in that case voila. You have a special space.

In answer to your second question... I am sorry to hear you shop in Walmart. I would have used that rule to get out of helping with shopping many times if it weren't just a plain silly.

And finally... Did I stop to think yada yada bla bla. Yes! And next time so will he!! Did I inconvenience anyone else? No as the space in question was an end bay. Could I have parked elsewhere and got space to open my doors fully. Yes, but that would not have guaranteed that I could do the same on returning to my car unless I was in a WIDER PARKING SPACE!!! He however could have done :/
Anyone with a sick child would surely have understood the point of such a parking space???

In summary he (and by the sound of it you too) can reasonably expect to attract attention or be inconvenienced by someone else for flouting "rules" for personal gain of some sort. That's life. In his position I would have just taken it on the chin and learned a lesson. Perhaps even had a chuckle about it one day :)

You seem to be directing your ire in the wrong place; the supermarkets, as well as other outlets, provide these spaces of their own free will and it is they that stipulate these spaces are for people with children.

Why not write to them to see if they can put in a few spaces for grumpy old men with bad backs?

s88 said:
Followed a "lady"into the petrol station yesterday and to my surprise she stopped at the first pump rather than move to the forward one which was clear and operational.

I drove through, reversed into the one in front of her!
She paid for her couple of quids worth of fuel with coins apparently ( I dont go in, I send the wife).
She then had to reverse to get out!
Still not sure she got the message.

image-2701330564.jpg

This was taken in a petrol station in ashford. It's not that clear in picture but the car in front of the focus is facing direction of travel, not sure what this guy was thinking but at least he can have a straightforward exit by mounting the kerb and driving over pavement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom