Park button isn’t working.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Doc matt

Car
Cls63amg. Turbo d.pipes, decat, Quaife.
Popped out shopping and when came back, pulled onto the drive, I press the P button like normal and it stays in Drive. I’m pressing the P button but nothing happens. The only way I can make it go into P is if I open the door.
Weird

Any ideas?

Hi Matt

I had a look through the manual and couldn't really find anything that helps.
The behavior whereby is goes to P when opening the door is by design apparently.
It sounds like the sort of thing that may clear itself if you leave the car for a bit and restart it.

Steve

Ok Steve, well I only use it the weekends so it will be sitting on the drive for a week so see what happens.

Incidentally, if I was to disconnect the battery for a day or two to give it a proper ‘reset’, this doesn’t have any adverse reaction on anything else does it?

Thanks for the reply.

Popped out shopping and when came back, pulled onto the drive, I press the P button like normal and it stays in Drive. I’m pressing the P button but nothing happens. The only way I can make it go into P is if I open the door.
Weird

Any ideas?
Hey man how did u get it fixed?
This has recently been happening on my a45 PFL w176 ( 8 years old car )

Hey man how did u get it fixed?
This has recently been happening on my a45 PFL w176 ( 8 years old car )

Doc matt

Joined Oct 27, 2016
Last seen Jan 30, 2021

Good luck!

It’s likely a failed P switch / button.

The opening of the door engaging P is an emergency thing. Equally if you turn off the car and open the door it’ll auto engage P which makes me think the engaging of P is fine but the button is faulty.

May be able to test the switch if the press is registered on diagnostic machine.

Same problem here, how did you fix it?
I can only switch off the car to get into P.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom