Parking at 02 arena?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jaymanek

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
Lots of Mercedes!
Guys & gals,

anyone any experience.. been trying to call to book and the line is constantly engaged..

Is the car park multi story? This affects the choice of car i can take believe it or not!

Is it safe to not pre book a space?

You can prebook online. In theory you can just show up and get a ticket, but that's based on availability and probably a bit risky.

I have to say though that I would never leave my car in a place like that and driving through London is a priced pain in the backside. If I were you, I'd use public transport. For the O2 use the North Greenwich station on the Jubilee line.

online system doesnt work... its ok, I have a flat in Canada water so will park there and simply get the tube...

Just im pushed for time...

p.s. why dont do it? Unsecure?

My parents and their friends parked there and getting out was a nightmare apparently.

Traffic, both in and out, is a nightmare and in terms of security it's not great either to say the least.

jubilee line has a lot of engineering works planned.
I've used it before, and is not a problem, getting in or out...
going to see Russell Peters tonight, should be good.

you can only pre-book 24hours in advance, otherwise, pay when you get there.
it will cost £20 ish, but if you get there, tell the attendants, youre going to watch a film, and then go and buy one cinema ticket, and present this at the parking office, and you get 'free' parking. a cinema ticket is cheaper than £20ish!

for arena events, use car park 1 and 2!

Jay you have had the correct advice; park the car somewhere else and use the tube. I drove there on a sunday thinking it would be easy. It is poorly signposted and the traffic is awful - coming out was worse. Never again I will use the tube. BTW the parking is all outside no multistorey.

I parked there for a children's event a while back (cbeebies live, which was packed) and the parking was just fine. Not too expensive, well organised and not too much traffic. Maybe I was just lucky?

Well i ended up parking there as I was late... This event had 20,000 people there and so traffic was horrendous to get into car park..

however I pre booked on the way down and that had its benefits.. i could cut the last bit of the queue out and go straight through the pre paid entrance.

nothing wrong with the parking itself... big open area..

I cant use mutli storeys as my SEC is too low to go up the slopes... this is why I was asking about that.

p.s for whoever went... what an amazing show! im sure he has upset a few people but i found the whole thing hilarious...

I've been there twice, once for a Prince concert and although it was a sell out 20,000+ got out the car park within 15 minutes, next time was for David Haye vs Enzo Maccarinelli and took over an hour to get out and that was from the same car park, personally i think £20 is to much when youve already paid to attend the event.

p.s for whoever went... what an amazing show! im sure he has upset a few people but i found the whole thing hilarious...

Well thats why you should never sit in the front blocks! You WILL get picked on!
thats why sit in the block behind, still good enough view, and he can't see you!
But I've seen a few of his shows before, and they were hilarious, was a little disappointed by this one, as it was a big one for him, and he used alo of old material, but still enjoyed it nevertheless.

sorry, didnt wanna 'hijack' the thread, but I parked no problems, tell them you have pre-booked, give them your reference number, you're in!
park next to the exit, and you'll be fine on the way out! no traffic, the traffic guys, have done tonnes of events, they route traffic pretty well.

not picking on anyone, just a general thought, but when you come off the roundabout and are in the greenwich peninsula, everyone will follow everyone else into a car park. and the first car park that people see is Car Park 1, which is sign-posted. Now if thats Car Park 1, if reading up beforehand, doing some research, there are four car parks, there are 3 more somewhere else...., go and find them, and you would find it doesn't have as much 'traffic'. :D

Again, just to reitterate, I dont want to offend anyone, but the o2 as big as it is, if its the first time you're going, you wouldve hoped someone would do some research before planning a trip there, as Jay did, by asking here.... some research..! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom