Parking fine whilst waiting in a queue of traffic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Lucky none of then got chinned !

Years ago I once saw a lorry in London get a ticket. The lorry was renewing the paint on the double yellow lines :)

I genuinely thought I was caught on one of those candid camera type shows a few years ago when a traffic warden slapped a ticket on my car. I'd gone to park in a car park in Fleet but then realised I didn't have any cash, so I drove out to the main road and stopped in one of 2 empty taxi bays by an ATM. As I was about to put my card into the machine something caught my eye and I turned to see the ticket landing on my windscreen. I must have been there for seconds! I hadn't noticed anyone hiding behind the lamppost waiting for me. Despite my well controlled protestations the traffic warden wasn't going to remove the ticket. She said that taxi drivers were always complaining about private cars in their spaces. When I asked where I should park to get cash for the car park she replied that I had the ticket now so may as well stay there! :doh:

It's no wonder the general public detest traffic wardens.

Last month I went to visit a relative locally, they live in a gated road with a Co-op supermarket at the top of the road. This particular day, there was a big artic lorry parked squarely across the entrance to this road. Nobody could get in or out. I parked behind the lorry and left my car running, got out, walked up to the cab and asked the driver if he could move forward a few yards so I could pull in to the side road. He did so, but as I was walking back to my car, a ticket was being slapped on the windscreen!! I tried to remain calm but didn't really succeed. My car was left unattended for literally 30 seconds. Naturally I appealed the fine and won but sometimes common sense has to prevail for these jobsworths!

ATT00001-1-1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom