Parking Pilot not available on e-class launch?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aquiss

So when in dealership today ordering my new e-class, I added the 360 degree camera, generally as I want the Parking Pilot feature. However, I was told that Parking Pilot is not available at launch (even though Parking Pilot is listed on the MBUK configurator as coming with the camera).

Can any other dealers/folks on here confirm this is true or if software updates later will make this possible?

So when in dealership today ordering my new e-class, I added the 360 degree camera, generally as I want the Parking Pilot feature. However, I was told that Parking Pilot is not available at launch (even though Parking Pilot is listed on the MBUK configurator as coming with the camera).

Can any other dealers/folks on here confirm this is true or if software updates later will make this possible?

I am surprised as the Mercedes Me update specifically says Parking Pilot is available to the E Class from the 1st April - very disappointed my C350e
cannot have this, even retro-fitted. The Mercedes Me site says that you need Keyless Go, 360 and Auto - I am sure you have all these so I would direct the dealer to the Mercedes Me site !!

Ring up MBUK and ask them to clarify. After all, if your dealer has forgotten to include this feature and is trying to fob you off with the excuse that it is not available on launch models, you need to raise a grievance with the dealer principle or MBUK in the first instance.

I would think that this feature is available, but someone has forgotten to specify it, or maybe they are fulfilling your order from a previously built vehicle from the pound that doesn't have this feature fitted.

Either way, if you are spending a shed load of money, you want what you have asked for, and not what they want to supply.

I understand it has not been government approved in the UK.
May be able to switch on retrospectively. JBD is the best person to ask.

Can't see why similar system is already here on BMW 7 series and works awesome looks like MB late out of the traps again ?

I think I need to clarify the exact wording with everyone and Mercedes, as it appears their various naming conventions of "pilots" is confusing, well for me anyway.

- Parking Pilot claims to be included with the car, as standard (part of Parktronic)
- Remote Parking Pilot, where using a mobile to move the car, i'm told is not available.

Now if "Remote Parking Pilot" is indeed not available, then they should not promoting it on their website or something that comes with the 360 Degree camera (as per the online configuration).

Mercedes Customer services are having to get me some answers from their product development, so i'll update everyone. Hopefully it can be enabled afterwards.

Well it's certainly available now in the UK on a C350e ... I used it only yesterday.

Mercedes have come back to me and said it's available, but I need to make sure the car is built with parts

14U
16U
Advanced Connect Me

Also for now, i'm told it's iPhone only, with Android coming by Q3 this year.

Just need to find out what these are now.

Also for now, i'm told it's iPhone only, with Android coming by Q3 this year.

Just need to find out what these are now.

iPhone is a smartphone made by Apple. Android is a smartphone OS made by Google and licensed by several smartphone manufacturers.

I hope this helps.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Well i'm still being given the runaround over this. Spoke to dealer who claimed he did not know what the parts I was told on the phone by Mercedes Customer services (14U and 16U) and neither could he add them to the E-Class order. *sigh*

I think i'm going to have to get ****ty today.

So I had a callback from MBUK Technical department about this. The Remote Parking Pilot feature will come with cars that have opted for the "Premium Plus" spec and added the "360 Degree camera" option.

The actual app software I was told is already available for iPhone smartphones and will be available for Android smartphones by June 2016. You also will need to pay £225 for the Connect Me service.

Well it's certainly available now in the UK on a C350e ... I used it only yesterday.

You really do mean "Remote"? ie, standing outside the car? I tried to access the details in the "shop" link of the Mercedes.me site today and the link did not work so it seemed that that part of the site was down. :confused:

The Road Vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulations 1986

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1986/1078/regulation/107/made

AS SUGGESTED BY

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa.../file/401565/pathway-driverless-cars-main.pdf

quote:-

There is nothing explicit in law to say that a vehicle cannot be driven
by someone not in the driver seat. Regulation 104 and 107 of the
Construction and Use Regulations are pertinent here. These are
discussed in more detail in Chapter 10. They require a driver to be
positioned where they can control the vehicle and have a full view of
the road, and not to leave the engine running while the vehicle is
unattended. It would arguably be possible for a driver outside the
vehicle to be in a position both to control it and see the road ahead of
the vehicle but, depending on the precise circumstances, the view
requirement might not be met. It is not clear how a court may interpret
the requirement for a vehicle to be “attended” when a “remotely
positioned driver” is controlling it, but it is arguable that a person does
not have to be sitting in a vehicle in order to “attend” it

Which would indicate to me that UK legislation has yet to catch up with the "remote parking pilot" on the public highway. How legislation might apply on private land might be different.:dk:

You really do mean "Remote"? ie, standing outside the car? I tried to access the details in the "shop" link of the Mercedes.me site today and the link did not work so it seemed that that part of the site was down. :confused:

There is some confusion here. I have seen the demo videos of "remote" parking and practised the Assisted Parking. My C350e has everything except the smelly Aircon.

I queried the Mercedes.me "Store" and got this reply:

"Thank you for contacting us regarding the Remote Parking Pilot service.

We would like to inform you that your vehicle is not equipped with the needed Com module in order to use this service."

Any advance on that from anyone with a C350e....? I acknowledge that this topic started with a discussion about Remote Parking the E-Class. Maybe that's what I should have got; but Mrs Boyracer may have had other ideas!

Last edited:
Well i'm still being given the runaround over this. Spoke to dealer who claimed he did not know what the parts I was told on the phone by Mercedes Customer services (14U and 16U) and neither could he add them to the E-Class order. *sigh*

I think i'm going to have to get ****ty today.

You want to go back to your dealer and say, 'I'm buying a Mercedes, not a Vauxhall'.

If he gives you a blank look, tell him that he needs to bone up on what he is selling. After all, he'll earn a nice chunk of commission from selling you your car, so should be advising you correctly. If he doesn't know what he is selling, he should stick to selling double glazing.

We are not buying a common brand. Even though Mercs and BM as now more affordable, they are still considered a preferred buying choice rather than a standard buying choice. An aspiration is still an aspiration regardless of how much or how little you spend on something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom