Parking sensor failure or worse?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GillyC63

Car
C63
Hi all
2010 C63 wagon, it would appear the rear parking sensor(s) on my wagon have given up the ghost.
Everytime I select reverse I get a beep several seconds long & two red led's on the rear headlining indicator. Front sensors appear to be working fine.
I also get the two red led's (on the rear headlining indicator) if I put the car into neutral whilst waiting at traffic lights before selecting drive again.
Does this sound like a sensor failure or something more serious?
Thanks in advance for any help or replies

Just had similar on mine. It seems on these systems, when a single sensor fails it shuts down the whole system rather than just disregarding that sensors input like other manufacturers systems do.

Get the codes read to what sensor(s) it is and replace.

As said above. One bad sensor will give you those symptoms.
First, physically check all the sensors are fitted correctly and are clean with no sign of damage.

A Star session or an MBii code reader will pinpoint the exact problem sensor.

Taking the greatest care, select reverse, with somebody else in the drivers seat, listen carefully to the parking sensors, they should be making a ticking noise, the one not, is busted. All the parking sensors I've come across (Jaguar, BMW, Volvo, Audi, Mercedes etc.)will shut down the system to avoid false confidence.

Is this a bumper off job on the w212?
depends if its front or rear. on my w211 I had the exact same thing, with the 2 dots red dots on each side diagnosed it and it was the rear left outer parking sensor. changed it and works perfectly now. you can put ur hand up the bumper enough to get to it from the bottom of the car, some people dont know this and end up taking the bumper off when it's not nessecarry. no clue if it's the same on the w212 or not. if it's the front one though I think it's a bumper off job yeah

Hi all
2010 C63 wagon, it would appear the rear parking sensor(s) on my wagon have given up the ghost.
Everytime I select reverse I get a beep several seconds long & two red led's on the rear headlining indicator. Front sensors appear to be working fine.
I also get the two red led's (on the rear headlining indicator) if I put the car into neutral whilst waiting at traffic lights before selecting drive again.
Does this sound like a sensor failure or something more serious?
Thanks in advance for any help or replies
mostly likely a singular sensor that has failed

You don’t need to take the front bumper off on the 211 but I’ve no idea about the front on a 212

You don’t need to take the front bumper off on the 211 but I’ve no idea about the front on a 212
I'm guessing you do because the 211 has the strip things with the parking sensors in that, the 212 has them in the actual bumper if you get what I mean

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom