Parking Ticket - Disgusted !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

poormansporsche

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W209
On Sunday I had the great misfortune to receive a parking ticket

I am completely disgusted !

The disgustingly clear signage in and around the bay which I completely ignored.
The disgustingly fair and apologetic attitude of the Warden even though it was completely my fault.
The disgustingly resonable amount of charge (it wasnt Wandsworth !)
The disgusting behaviour of the local authority sending wardens out on a Sunday in a attempt to keep disabled bays free for genuine disabled people and providing plenty of free bays which I also completely ignored

I really must post on a Car themed internet to vent my frustration and see if anyone can help me get off the ticket !

:doh:

How very nice to see someone put their hands up and say mea culpa! Well done that man.

A silly mistake as I never usually park in a disabled bay, I was half in a bay and the car in front pulled out so I just pulled forwards into that space not realising it was a disabled bay.

A silly mistake as I never usually park in a disabled bay, I was half in a bay and the car in front pulled out so I just pulled forwards into that space not realising it was a disabled bay.

I would write in with that explanation , stating that you admit your mistake but are normally respectful of disabled parking and would never have parked there had you realised .

Appeal to their better nature , whilst being willing to pay if they don't agree , and you might just get off . The adjudicators are human and sometimes do listen to reason .

You have nothing to lose by trying .

I feel your pain. I have been driving for sixty years and never had a parking ticket. I was even a parking warden for a while when awaiting pension to kick in.
A few months ago I parked on double yellow lines, put up my Blue Badge and went to Chemist to pick up pills.
Ten minutes later I come out to see a ticket on my CLK. What!!
I had parked in a clearly marked "Loading Zone". "I didn't see it." Well I didn't.
Oh, the shame of it all!! (Plus £30).

But you were loading (the pills)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom