parktronic sensors whilst in traffic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cv65user

Whilst I was in slow moving traffic today some car kept staying up my backside in traffic so my park tronic sensor kept bleeping!!! how annoying!!

I thought they were only meant to come on when car in reverse? (-its C320 automatic )

Dont get me wrong - it does turn off, once I go above a certain MPH though.

Wow :eek: that means the person behind is as close as 6-12 inches!! Too close for comfort and very annoying.

Think that in D & R, both sets are on (if both fitted of course)

I believe they switch off at 20kph (12mph)

Weird as rear parking sensors would normally activate only when in reverse. I would check it on Mercedes Star Diagnostic machine.

Rear sensors on our W209 and R171 come on in drive and neutral as well as reverse. There is a switch on the dash to turn them off if so desired.

front and back on mine activate at about 5mph or less

The rear ones do stay on as you can hear them when people walk behind you.
The fronts will also stay on when you reverse as when you parallel park, you don't want the front corner of the bumper to hit the car in front as you reverse in.

I confirm it wasnt raining or anything so it couldnt have been foreign object setting off the sensors

Wow :eek: that means the person behind is as close as 6-12 inches!! Too close for comfort and very annoying.

Think that in D & R, both sets are on (if both fitted of course)

I believe they switch off at 20kph (12mph)

YUP I could only see her wipers and above. Could just see her bonnet meaning she was right up my ass.

Rear sensors on our W209 and R171 come on in drive and neutral as well as reverse. There is a switch on the dash to turn them off if so desired.

Yeah I had to turn it off from here eventually.

I confirm it wasnt raining or anything so it couldnt have been foreign object setting off the sensors

YUP I could only see her wipers and above. Could just see her bonnet meaning she was right up my ass.

Yeah I had to turn it off from here eventually.

Just no need to be that close! :wallbash:

Certainly on the Vito/Viano only the front Parktronic sensors are active in D, and both front and rear are active in R. It deactivates at 18 kph, and reactivates when you slow down to 16 kph. As mentioned there's a manual activate/deactivate button on the dash, and the rear sensors deactivate automatically when anything is connected to the towing electrics socket :bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom