Parktronic slow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

helgi33

Car
500 SEC & CL600
I have CL600 W215 and think there is something wrong with the parktronic system.

It is behaving like there is 1-2 second delay at all times. For example when parking close to a wall then I can go all they way up to the wall and stop and then the warning indicators and beeps comes on like a second later after I stop.

This makes the system kind of useless unless moving at extremely low speed.. turtle speed..

I am just wondering if this is common with Mercedes or if there is a fault with my car. It has 118k miles and have had it for a year now and it has been like this from day one..

I would be grateful for any advise on this ...

I must admit I've never known them to react that fast. I fitted aftermarket ones to a w208 CLK and they were very quick reacting but the genuine Mercedes are slower. Get it checked on STAR if they are really that slow

It's normal with Parktronic in my experience.

I have had a Range Rover for 8 years and the park warning system there is very sharp.. start to beep early and and really warns you in time... so quite disapointing to experience the parktronic so slow..
On the mercedes I can hit a post at very low speed and it wouldnt really warn me until after I hit the post...

Parktronic is visual only right up to the red segments coming on, then it beeps.

Always been spot on for me...

Maybe that is the reason.. I am just to used to the RR system where there is only aural system and it comes on early .. so am expecting Parktronic system to behave the same..

I guess will try to focus more on the visual indication ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom