Parktronic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimbo22

Car
320cdi sport
I have a 2007 c class w204 fitted with parktronic,I cannot find a switch to turn the parktronic off,was this an option introduced on later models? Any help greatly appreciated.

If it is factory fit you should have a button on the centre console under the keypad with a P on it and a red led which when lit indicates parktronic is off.

It is factory fit but there is no switch in the centre panel where the heated seat switches would be as well.

On the tunnel console to the rear and right of the gear selector? Mines a different model, but that's where my button is. Sorry if no use to you, though.

I have a 2007 c class w204 fitted with parktronic,I cannot find a switch to turn the parktronic off,was this an option introduced on later models? Any help greatly appreciated.

Are you sure your Parktronic comes from the factory? Could you post your VIN?

Do you have sensors at the front and back and led indicators for both?

I do have sensors front and rear and led`s for both,front ones on top of dash and rears are at top of roof so they are visible in rear view mirror,
vin is WDD2040222AO56522. Any help appreciated.

One of my customers had Mercedes fit sensors on his new w204, they fitted steelmate sensors all round and he was convinced they were genuine Mercedes.

If you have no button to switch them off then they are aftermarket.

I do have sensors front and rear and led`s for both,front ones on top of dash and rears are at top of roof so they are visible in rear view mirror,
vin is WDD2040222AO56522. Any help appreciated.

According to EPC, the car came with Parktronic (220) from the factory. It does have all the OEM front and rear indicators for both sides.

My next thought would have been a retrofitted Comand with an incorrect switch group but the car actually got a COMAND unit with a DVD changer from the factory, no need for retrofitting there.

According to EPC, the switch group under the head unit includes the Parktronic switch. If it does not, then it is a big mystery. Simply a mistake at the factory, quite unlikely...

When we do retrofits of COMAND (and Parktronic) we update the data-card, so within a couple of months it shows up in EPCnet too. I.e EPCnet's data-card view is not the "as built configuration"

So it is possible some of this was retrofitted but shows in EPC. The Mercedes dealer has access directly to the data-card database (VeDOK) and can look at the "original built configuration".

Anyway you have a mystery - it seems likely you have the wrong switch pack below the COMAND ..

Switch packs are not that expensive, especially used ones on eBay - but the later ones are grey, and yours will be an earlier one in black - so be careful when buying used. And obviously theres lots of different combinations with different switches.

Cheers

Richard

When we do retrofits of COMAND (and Parktronic) we update the data-card, so within a couple of months it shows up in EPCnet too. I.e EPCnet's data-card view is not the "as built configuration"

So it is possible some of this was retrofitted but shows in EPC. The Mercedes dealer has access directly to the data-card database (VeDOK) and can look at the "original built configuration".

I was aware of the fact that EPC might show an updated configuration. However my understanding is that the majority of retrofit experts ignore data card updates, specifically for "DAS cars" (an early 204 can be included to this group).

I could be sure this car did not have Comand retrofitted by Richard, it would not have left the shop with this switch group. :rock:

A very good reminder anyway.

Thanks for all the info guys,the switchpack below the COMAND is blank with no switches at all.

You either have aftermarket or badly fitted factory sensors, there's nothing else to say.

Can you post a picture of the sensors?

If the Parktronics are factory fitted but not plugged into the console switch bank, then it will most likely register an error on Star and may not even work properly.

The system does seem to work correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom