Parktronic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dchester

Hi all,

Quick question... I've walked past an e-class estate the last few days at work, and it's got parktronic sensors at the rear, but not at the front, and afaict from a quick peep inside, it doesn't have distronic. I always thought that parktronic was only available as a pair?

Obviously I'm wrong but can anyone think of the logic behind it?

David

I have seen some earlier models fitted with Parktronic only at one end (front or rear).

I personally would prefer full fitment or none at all!

I have seen some earlier models fitted with Parktronic only at one end (front or rear).

From memory, I think it's either a 55 or an 05 plate...?

I'm with you, I'd rather have it front and back.

D.

I have not seen "the rear only" as a factory option. Isn't this "Quickpark" and usually a retrofit option (some countries may have that installed at the dealer before delivery).

I have not seen "the rear only" as a factory option. Isn't this "Quickpark" and usually a retrofit option (some countries may have that installed at the dealer before delivery).

Is there an easy way to tell, I'll check at lunch? It looks 'right' in a way that retrofit stuff doesn't normally. It's a RHD car so I'm assuming it's home (UK) spec?

D.

Must admit that I have seen a small proportion of MB's advertised with 'Rear' parking sensors fitted and apparently not front. Also remember seeing one or two with front only and thinking it was strange!

Mind you, slightly OT, I used to have a mobile phone that could receive text messages but not send them! (Ericsson back in the late 90's!) - So I suppose it could have been one of those short-lived options.

Must admit that I have seen a small proportion of MB's advertised with 'Rear' parking sensors fitted and apparently not front. Also remember seeing one or two with front only and thinking it was strange!

Mind you, slightly OT, I used to have a mobile phone that could receive text messages but not send them! (Ericsson back in the late 90's!) - So I suppose it could have been one of those short-lived options.

Got to love quirky mobiles.... mind you mine sometimes does the same, but it's not touted as a feature ;)

D.

I looked at an '03 C270 CDI estate last week (possible purchase) that had rear only. The installation appeared totally original, display, sound, override switch, all of it.

The have been/may still be several C and E class cars advertised like this recently.

I think you're right... had a look at lunch, 4 sensors across the rear, but no corner ones... that's not the right config for parktronic is it?

D.

The original Parktronic too comes with 4 sensors at the rear and 6 at the front.

Canadian owners seem to like the "rear only option", they call it Quickpark. You can find the WIS retrofit guide for this for several MB models. It would consist of the exact same bumper setup for the rear as Parktronic. But it does not always have the led indicators inside the car, some only have a speaker indicator. Not that good when you don't know which side is giving the warning.

I looked at an '03 C270 CDI estate last week (possible purchase) that had rear only. The installation appeared totally original, display, sound, override switch, all of it.

The have been/may still be several C and E class cars advertised like this recently.

I had a look at EPC for the 203.216. There is only one option code for rear sensors, that is 220, Parktronic. 220 brings the sensors at the front too. The only option for rear only sensors in this car should be this retrofit kit (unless it is something non-OEM).

I had a look at EPC for the 203.216. There is only one option code for rear sensors, that is 220, Parktronic. 220 brings the sensors at the front too. The only option for rear only sensors in this car should be this retrofit kit (unless it is something non-OEM).

Ok... it looks very neatly done, and looks oem, but I'm not 100% sure.

I didn't even realise there was a retrofit kit... is it prohibitively expensive or?

D.

Ok... it looks very neatly done, and looks oem, but I'm not 100% sure.

I didn't even realise there was a retrofit kit... is it prohibitively expensive or?

D.

Some price info here:
QUICKPARC BASIC - C Class 1993 - 2001 Accessories Comfort & Protection - Mercedes-Benz Parts, Inchcape

VEHICLE KIT/W/V - C Class 1993 - 2001 Accessories Comfort & Protection - Mercedes-Benz Parts, Inchcape

Sorry, this was for a 202, which car were you after? It would be B67823804 for a W203 plus some parts.

Last edited:

202... and possibly a 210 when I can get round to looking for one for myself to commute in, but I'll probably look for one with it originally fitted.

Cheers

D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom