Parrot Bluetooth Installation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Imr4n

I have a 2005 W203 with the factory Audio 20 head unit, I am looking to install a Parrot MKi9200 bluetooth kit but have a few questions.

- I have read guides on how to remove the head unit which look ok, but is there enough space behind there for the additional wiring and especially the Parrot blue box?

- I will need a SOT lead which should make ir plug and play. But I have seen some people that have had to get a switched live from the cigarette lighter. Is this really required? I thought this was not required as I have a SOT lead.

- The kit comes with a Aux and USB lead. Where is the best place to route this? Glovebox or ash tray?

Thank you

- I have read guides on how to remove the head unit which look ok, but is there enough space behind there for the additional wiring and especially the Parrot blue box?

Realistically it should not be a problem as there is normally space down the sides if needs be

- I will need a SOT lead which should make ir plug and play. But I have seen some people that have had to get a switched live from the cigarette lighter. Is this really required? I thought this was not required as I have a SOT lead.

Yes you will still need to take an ignition live as the SOT lead just sorts all the other connections out but as the car has the pure ignition live (CANBUS) the SOT lead cannot just generate one. Not a big deal though

- The kit comes with a Aux and USB lead. Where is the best place to route this? Glovebox or ash tray?

Thank you

Glovebox is tidy and out of the way providing you don't need to access it when driving. On my W210 there is a second compartment under the radio (non Comand) and it was the perfect place for mine.

Just ensure once it is all fitted, when you turn the ignition off it should say 'Goodbye' on the screen. If not, swap the red and orange live wires over (via the fuses) and it should solve it.

Thank you, great reply.

I have done a google search which also explains the reason for needing an ignition live. Think I will take this from the cigarette lighter. I presume the ignition live will need to go either to the red or orange wires? (depending on which way it works?)

Secondly, the parrot loom is 3 mute in connections and I presume one of these if the correct one, any idea which one it is on the Audio 20?

And will the head unit say TEL or Telephone when the parrot is in use?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom