Parrot mki9000 - let the mods begin

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jon C180k

Car
C180k Coupe Sport edition
Very early into ownership of my c180k (2 days in fact!), I realised I missed the Bluetooth from my S60. This got me searching for a hands free kit. I didn't want a screen so the mki9000 from Parrot seemed to fit the bill. I found a chap on the bay selling a brand new sealed unit and thought I'd ask what he wanted for it. His response got my interest and I bought it on the spot (£40 new and sealed?? I'll have that thank you VERY much!)

It arrived yesterday and along with my sot-976 adapter I set to work. I had read a few tutorials on the trim removal and it was a doddle - you really do only need a T20 torch, a small flat blade screwdriver and a torch! With the centre all out, I set to work on the switch console on the roof - I wanted to mount my mic up here. I fed the mic cable through a hole in the roof lining and down the a pillar (which is just held in by 4 clips). That part of the job was now done!

I routed the aux/iPod/usb through the dash and fed it towards the head unit. That was easy!

All plug and play with the exception of the mute and the ignition feed. Mute was fairly simple to work out if you have a pin-out diagram of your head unit. The ignition feed stumped me for ages, but it's now nicely spliced into the black/yellow on the cigar lighter.

Pairing is so easy - talks you through it!

And that's it - I can make and receive calls, play music & have apple maps guide me...all through my head unit.

Worth while bit of kit for just over £55 in total! :) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom