Part No: Diamond Grill

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MBenzino

Car
C300h Estate
I spotted a couple of mercs with what seems to be called the diamond grill recently and enquired with the parts dept at my dealer for a price as I’d like to upgrade the front end of mine to it.

The guy asked for my vehicle details, I said I don’t want to buy what’s on my car I want the other version. He said he can only order what’s on my car. I asked why I can’t by a part for any other car but my own? He said I need the part number to look it up if it’s not on my car, and then he can tell me the price! Didn’t realise Mercedes parts dept couldn’t search any other way expect by part number or vehicle rev/vin.

Should’ve given him the Rev of the c class with it in their car park!

I’d be grateful if anyone could tell me the part number.

I’ve seen some on eBay but they don’t appear OEM.

I’m guessing mine being an estate won’t be a problem either.

Just spot one in their car park that’s the type you want and give them that reg.
Or speak to someone there more willing to help, they can look if they can be bothered.

Yeah I’ll probably do that when I go back. Just pure laziness on the parts guys part. Was also there so they wouldn’t fit it if it’s not supposed to be on my car! I mean for real? Lol I’ve found a place that will supply and fit one. It sure if it’s a genuine part the use though. Doubt it is.

It's pretty much standard procedure for them to ask for a VIN or VRM unfortunately. There are so many different variants etc. :(

Hey OP , this is exactly the same lazy Muppetry I had to endure from Mercedes Benz in Swindon when I needed rear brake pins and springs for my W203 C55 AMG.

If 'computer says no' you are screwed. It would appear the parts personnel are not allowed to think for themselves or deviate from the path that has been chosen for them.

You will find the part number from somewhere...but its unlikely to be from a MB employee 'thinking out of the box'. As Cheddar says, take down the reg of a car with the grill you want and start from there. Good luck :thumb:

It’s not lazy muppetry. MB have put a block on ordering the C43 and GLC43 diamond grille unless it’s for one of those cars that needs a replacement due to damage. Recently had a customer with a grille damaged by hitting a bird. They had to supply MB with pictures to order a new one

I’m sure I won’t last, but there is definitely a block on ordering the diamond grille on the wrong car at the moment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom