Part No for 18" Monoblock ? (Shude)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C43AMG

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
500L ( W221 ), 2014 AMG CL 5.5 Biturbo ( W216 ) Sold, 2014 Brabus Smart ( 451 Coupe ) Mapped 130bhp
N/S Front wheel went into pothole and buckled the front wheel, as you know i have 18" Mononblock's on my C43. I want to get a quote from MB on the price so i can send the bill to my local council. Many thanks in advance if you know Shude.

Last edited:
You could try a PM to Chirs @ Murray Systems too.

Hi

Try this see if it of any help, i have my 18" in garage for winter will check front one for you too.

Attachments

• J2PrinterWorks print document.pdf
    68.8 KB · Views: 24
Hi

Just checked mine they are 8x18 H2 Et31 and part no. is HWA 129 401 01 02

230K, thats the correct part :)

230K said:
Hi

Just checked mine they are 8x18 H2 Et31 and part no. is HWA 129 401 01 02

Many many thanks. :D

For each wheel, there are 2 different parts numbers, A and B prefix. Almost always, the B prefix is more expensive.
A1294010102 = B66031007
£314.90+VAT from http://www.mercedes-benz-parts.co.uk
but.. 5% price rise effective on 1st Jan 2007 so check the latest prices.

Murray Systems said:
For each wheel, there are 2 different parts numbers, A and B prefix. Almost always, the B prefix is more expensive.
A1294010102 = B66031007
£314.90+VAT from http://www.mercedes-benz-parts.co.uk
but.. 5% price rise effective on 1st Jan 2007 so check the latest prices.

Any idea why ?

I always thouugh that B parts were accessory parts hence why they may be more expensive as opposed to 'spares'.

On another note is there a way of finding out which B part no refers to an A part no?

IIRC some parts such as wheels carry both numbers...

A-AvantGarde said:
I always thouugh that B parts were accessory parts hence why they may be more expensive as opposed to 'spares'.

On another note is there a way of finding out which B part no refers to an A part no?

on the alloys normally both part numbers are stamped on the inside. :)

C43AMG - Get the tracking checked out to as most likely has been disturbed if the wheel has been buckled.

Flash said:
C43AMG - Get the tracking checked out to as most likely has been disturbed if the wheel has been buckled.

Will do. Thanks.

Mercedes-Benz dealers have some way of determining a B number from an A. Does anybody know if this is an online system or available on a disc?

On the subject of information like this, are there English versions of technical papers on wheel fitment?

Most recent AMG and Mercedes Benz wheels have both A and B numbers in the casting. Older wheels had just the A number

Murray Systems said:
Mercedes-Benz dealers have some way of determining a B number from an A. Does anybody know if this is an online system or available on a disc?

On the subject of information like this, are there English versions of technical papers on wheel fitment?

Most recent AMG and Mercedes Benz wheels have both A and B numbers in the casting. Older wheels had just the A number
A and B numbers are quite different!

"A" prefix usually indicates individual factory parts. "B" prefix indicates accessories which may include a collection of A prefix parts. For example you may order a single AMG wheel with the HWA part number but a B prefix number may indicate a set of 4 wheels with bolts, caps and weights or something.

A-AvantGarde said:

Some individual items carry both an A and a B part number. These same items may carry different prices depending on which of the two part numbers you specify when ordering:eek:

Outrageous eh!
I recently ordered some centre caps from Inchcape (the people who administer the mercedes-benz-parts.co.uk site). I have been compiling a comprehensive guide to centre caps with all possible part numbers A and B etc.. The online system allowed me to order via the cheaper A prefix number but I was subsequently informed that all orders from dealers to DCUK are via B part numbers and so I was not allowed to order certain parts via the cheaper A number!

It sounds like they make it up as they go along!!

As far as I was aware B parts were the new system - all A parts are being superceeded.

I may be wrong however.

Good News. From East Surrey Highway Sevices. I confirm that i am prepared to offer £ 495.96 in full and final settlement. First class.

£500 for one wheel ?

Result ... :bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom