Part number request

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogbreath

Car
2005 E55K AMG
Hi
Can any of you clever people find me the part number or the Lateral acceleration sensor on my 2005 W211 E55 AMG .
Thanks
Lee

Any idea where it is located?

Hi Bob
Yes it's under the front seat, under the carpet......

A2165420018? Parts really should be checked with the vehicle VIN.

1376225d1427562870-2007-e320-bluetec-yaw-sensor-b24_15-turn-rate-sensor-w211.jpg

this is what you are looking for- picture is for LHD car- RHD will be the same or mirror image. Basically to function it has to be near the centre of the car.
Its also known as a yaw or turn rate sensor. Diesel Benz has kindly given you the latest part no - there are 4 listed.

So to match a 2nd hand unit my vin would be needed to get the correct 1 out of the 4 listed.?

So to match a 2nd hand unit my vin would be needed to get the correct 1 out of the 4 listed.?
Would help . You could also have a look at the part no of the existing unit now you know where to locate it. It may have been superceded by a later part no but its a start. The w211 is a CANBUS car so not sure if a replacement is "plug n play" or need to be coded via STAR to allow the car's existing systems to recognise it? :dk:

Thanks again Graeme
My Indy is getting me a new one from MB, I was just trying to be clever and get a 2nd hand one off eBay as a spare just in case owt broke again... Think you aRe correct regarding Star as they mentioned coding everything they take out back in re..seat and all bits attached.
Appreciate your help though
Regards
Lee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom