Parts for 'Classic' M-Bs from M-B Poole

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BTB 500

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
R129 SL500, W639 Vito 120, S205 C300
Just for info. / interest.

Reading through the little magazine I was given yesterday when my SL was serviced I noticed that the Sandown Group (M-B Guildford, Basingstoke, Hindhead, Dorchester, Poole and Salisbury) claim to have "the UK's only factory appointed classic car parts centre", with thousands of lines stocked for M-B models going back to the 1950s. This seems to be based at M-B Poole:

Mercedes-Benz Classic Parts

They are apparently going to have a stand at the Goodwood FOS next month to promote this.

It's true and at Poole they are particularly helpful. Name of the main point of contact there escapes but will search him out and update later.

Makes a lot of sense as apart from the three Maseratis, every car in Poole is an MB. Don't see many old ones, though;

MB-Poole are my local dealer and are very helpful at the parts department.

It's true and at Poole they are particularly helpful. Name of the main point of contact there escapes but will search him out and update later.

Shaun Zealey was the name given in the mag. as the expert there.

I got in touch with him about W114 parts for my coupe. He mentioned they don't as yet have an online catalogue (which in my experience is vital if you are hunting for a lot of parts) and they principally stock SL parts. He was very helpful though.

Very helpful guy and I have purchased parts from him... but most dealers can get the same parts they can in my experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom