Parts from abroad

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cl55 amg

Car
CL55 AMG
on the look out for a replacement ECU and as Merc want £1500 I thought I would look for a second hand one.

Now I have found one in the US with the same part and bosch number, will this be ok? I understand it will need programming with the Star to match my car.

:)

If it helps, I'm in the US in early April if you want to save on overseas postage... You could send it to my work address... PM me if interested...

on the look out for a replacement ECU and as Merc want £1500 I thought I would look for a second hand one.

Now I have found one in the US with the same part and bosch number, will this be ok? I understand it will need programming with the Star to match my car.

:)

Just make sure it's a new one, as many ecus are can coded meaning you cannot reuse them.

What is wrong with the ECU?

Second hand ECU's are not a good idea. They need to be coded by the dealers and ONLY new ECUs will work.

What is wrong with the ECU?

Second hand ECU's are not a good idea. They need to be coded by the dealers and ONLY new ECUs will work.

Oh didn't now that thought a second hand one could be recoded on star? as for the ECU it looks like its whats causing my misfire on cyl 6, i think everything else has been checked

Is the missfire permanant? Does it miss all the time?

Have you fixed the gearchange problem?

Oh didn't now that thought a second hand one could be recoded on star? as for the ECU it looks like its whats causing my misfire on cyl 6, i think everything else has been checked

Normallly a lead or a coil, never known the Engine control unit to cause that on a 113 engine :thumb:
Once the ECU has been assigned to a car it can't be used on another car

I have had it on a 112 lump before but all of the coil outputs went down.

Is the missfire permanant? Does it miss all the time?

Have you fixed the gearchange problem?

The car will missfire every time you accelerate hard, as for the gearchange problem the mechanic does not believe its anything to do with the gears as the star is only showing a missfire on cly 6.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom