Passenger Wing Mirror Noise

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CLK-209

Car
CLK 209
Hey guys,

I have a CLK W209 2004 (facelifted interior one) and i have an issue with my passenger (left side) wing mirror. I have the car set so that the mirrors fold in on locking. However, recently when the passenger one folds in it makes a moderately loud squeeking type noise which is starting to get rather annoying. It folds out and in without any problems, this is the only issue.

Any advice on how to solve it? Should i be spraying WD-40 somewhere?

Cheers

I have the same on my s204. There's plenty on the forum about this but I couldn't find a genuine fix! Some refer to it is a sound like a fax machine.

Exactly the same on my S211, screeches a few minutes after folding out. I've disabled the fold-on-lock because of this.

I've had the mirror apart and soaked the motor in GT85 Teflon lubricant, no change.

I've filed this problem in the "cba to fix" bin.

This sounds like what MB techs call 'motor meow'! If it's the same issue, then it's caused by motor overrun and there is a kit to fix it from MB:

A0008270110 + W000589139900

This sounds like what MB techs call 'motor meow'! If it's the same issue, then it's caused by motor overrun and there is a kit to fix it from MB:

A0008270110 + W000589139900

Ooh thanks. That info led me to this thread:

Rückmeldung - MOPF Außenspiegel quietscht NACH dem an-/abklappen : Mercedes E-Klasse W211

Google Translate version here for those who kann nicht Deutsch sprechen: Google Translate

Might try that sometime.

I've SOLVED my problem.

After searching further online i came across a thread on another forum where people have recommended using a lubricant spray. I have tried using WD40 before but it hasn't worked. This time, more determined i got a straw and held it to the end of the WD40 spray nozzle.

With the mirror folded in i inserted the spray right down into the gap which appears when the mirror is folded and sprayed quite alot through the straw.

Then i opened the mirror and stuck the straw between the much smaller gap that is between the mirror and the base of which its held onto and sprayed quite abit more of the WD40.

Then wiped the excess off the body work

Result: No more squeeking, working like it did when i got the car

Thanks for the fix. My W204 has had this issue since new. I have had it back to the Dealership twice now and each time it comes back with the same fault. In fact the last time it came back the RH mirror started squeeking and it had been fine until then. I'll give this a go and save myself the hassle of giving MB a third attempt to resolve it.

It squeaks because as the wing mirror folds in and out the housing rubs against the rubber base on the inside. You either have to keep it lubricated or just live with it.

Don't want to disappoint you but this is a temporary solution, it will return.

Ah, thanks for the heads up. Guess i'd have to add spraying the mirrors around one a month to my routine maintaince list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom