PCN Advice - Camden

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

markjay

MB Master
SUPPORTER
Car
2022 Hyundai IONIQ 5 RWD / 2016 Suzuki Vitara AWD
The story is this....:

In September last year I received a PCN from Camden and successfully appealed it online. By 'successfully' I mean to say that I have received a letter in the post from Camden stating that the PCN has been cancelled

Then in November I received a notice from Camden that the PCN has not been paid yet. It mentioned the same alleged offence, date and location, but on closer examination it had a different PCN number and was issues 2 minutes before the PCN that I appealed against. Needless to say that I only found one PCN on my vehicle at the time (the later of the two).

I again appealed it online, explaining that it was a duplication of another PCN which has been cancelled.

This was in November. I heard nothing back so far.

The confirmation for the online submissions are sent from a 'no-reply' camden.gov.uk email address, and the Council Parking Services do no accept phone calls regrading PCNs - there's a recorded message saying all PCN enquires must be deal with online or by post.

Now I am aware that Camden may have sent me a letter that went missing in the post... but what would you suggest I do next? Of course I could send them a letter by recorded mail asking for information regarding my appeal of the duplicate PCN, but one would have hoped that in this day and age there are better ways of dealing with local Councils.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Forget about it - let them come to you.

It seems as though you have all the evidence that you need in order to ensure any tribunal goes in your favour.

Just visited their website again to find this notice:

'What happens next?

Once we receive your challenge, we will aim to reply to you within 10 working days of receiving it. All actions on the notice will be suspended until a full reply has been sent. Please note that we are currently experiencing delays to challenges. All backlog cases have been identified and held, and during this time charges will not increase. We are giving responses as quickly as possible. During this time please do not resubmit your challenge.'

just wait for them to send all paperwork, then take it to tribunal, make sure you keep all the old cancellation paperwork. I'm sure it will get cancelled.

Ha ha, just checked again the email confirmation and it says:

'We have attached a PDF document containing your submission along with all the supporting files you may have uploaded. Please review this document to confirm the information is correct. If you find any errors in the attached document that may affect your challenge, please contact us on 020 7974 4444...'

That's the telephone number I called earlier and received a recoded message that they are unable to assist with PCNs over the phone and that I should go online or send s letter... oh well :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom