PCN taped onto parking meter?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk320x

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model S, Model 3 LR, Model X /// Previous: Jaguar XFR, Mercedes E320 CDI, C32 AMG, CLK 320
Today as I was buying my pay and display ticket at Northampton town centre car park, I unusually saw a PCN taped to the parking meter...

Intrigued and completely confused on further inspection it had been left on a Ford car parked there a few hours ago, (obviously re-stuck the PCN onto the meter)

Surely the car owner isn't making life any better for themselves? I guess this is some kind of protest? I thought that if the fine is simply left unpaid it will increase and increase in price... I've heard that you can simply ignore fines from certain private firms but this is a Council operated car park so surely they can't get off without paying?

Just intrigued as to what this person is trying to achieve... anyone got any insight?

Maybe car not taxed or insured so ticket will never reach the offender.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd suggest the owner was a bit narked to return to his car and find he'd copped a ticket.
If he just paid it within 14 days IIRC, the fee is half what it would be under normal circumstances. I reckon the owner had a temper tantrum:D

If the car is registered to him/her, then refusal to pay will result in a court summons, a heavier fine and costs. I can't see the owner getting away from paying up.

I'd suggest the owner was a bit narked to return to his car and find he'd copped a ticket.
If he just paid it within 14 days IIRC, the fee is half what it would be under normal circumstances. I reckon the owner had a temper tantrum:D

If the car is registered to him/her, then refusal to pay will result in a court summons, a heavier fine and costs. I can't see the owner getting away from paying up.

Perhaps it was a hire car?

Yeh saw the fine is £55 or something if payed quickly which to be honest I not too bad. Compared to £110!

He's just a bit silly I reckon, ignoring problems won't make them go away :D

Maybe a trickster removed it without the driver ever even knowing it was there?

That was my worry, looked around to see if the car was still there to return it but the car must have been long gone.. PCN issued at around 2pm. Didn't know what to do so just put it back on the meter.

The hire car company will give the drivers details to the council.

Hmm then I'm utterly biwildered haha

It is an offence to interfere with parking tickets , but may just allow the Parker to start again at the discounted rate .

It is an offence to interfere with parking tickets , but may just allow the Parker to start again at the discounted rate .

That seems fair enough, but how could he prove that? Surely anyone can use that excuse then?

On getting into the car he saw the ticket, got out, taped it to the meter, and stole the car. :dk:

That seems fair enough, but how could he prove that? Surely anyone can use that excuse then?

If on receiving the note in the post you contact the council and say there was no ticket on the car when you got to it, they will give you 14 days again you pay half.

Anyone can try - the only benefit I can see of 'there was no ticket on my car' , given that the wardens normally take a photograph to prove it was left , would be to buy time ..... with a fairly big risk that the 'story' wouldn't be accepted and of having to pay the higher amount .

I'm sure the appeal adjudicators have heard every story in the book and you'd have to be pretty convincing to make that one fly .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom