Pedal Help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk320x

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model S, Model 3 LR, Model X /// Previous: Jaguar XFR, Mercedes E320 CDI, C32 AMG, CLK 320
Have been installing the Facelift pedals to my CLK

Stuck on accelerator...

Any help on how to remove it?

I read the split pin needs to be removed but I've no idea how to do this.. or what it is lol

IMG_3399.jpg

Never done this before, but by the photo it looks like it should slide on from the top of loud pedal.
Just an idea, until somebody more knowledgable point in the right direction.

Use a stanley knife and cut the old rubber off the accelerator pedal, no pins to remove.
The new one slides on from the top but you still have to fold the edges round the pedal. Took me about 10 minutes as the new rubber isn't very pliable.

20170315_114706_zpsnihopyyu.jpg

Last edited:
Use a stanley knife and cut the old rubber off the accelerator pedal, no pins to remove.
The new one slides on from the top but you still have to fold the edges round the pedal. Took me about 10 minutes as the new rubber isn't very pliable.

20170315_114706_zpsnihopyyu.jpg

Cheers

If you see in my first pic the right side of the brake pedal isn't fully on I don't think
Couldn't get one part of the rubber (centre) over, I was doing it just with my fingers and couldn't... will try a flat head screwdriver as only had a Philips at the time

Yep. Parking brake was easy, the brake pedal a little harder but the accelerator was a pain.
I have a feeling things would be easier if the pedal was immersed in hot water before attempting to put it on. I'd try that method first as the rubber is so stiff and you have to fold the edges on right at the bottom of the accelerator pedal.

Yes, just throw a bucket of boiling water into the footwell and the pedal will heat up nicely

Oh do you mean heat the actual metal pedal on car? Or the pedal I am fitting?

Just warm the accelerator metal/rubber pedal cover over the a/c vent for a couple of minutes, and it will go on much easier. It will also help to clean the pedal - glass wipe or similar is what I used.

The brake pedal - start from the left and go around (top and bottom in parallel) with a narrow plastic trim remover, finishing with the big rubber lip on the right, and make sure it sits fully and snugly around the metal plate of the actual brake pedal - you don't want the cover slipping, when you need a good grip ...

Just warm the accelerator metal/rubber pedal cover over the a/c vent for a couple of minutes, and it will go on much easier. It will also help to clean the pedal - glass wipe or similar is what I used.

The brake pedal - start from the left and go around (top and bottom in parallel) with a narrow plastic trim remover, finishing with the big rubber lip on the right, and make sure it sits fully and snugly around the metal plate of the actual brake pedal - you don't want the cover slipping, when you need a good grip ...

Good point sounds so simple but it's a right pain lol

:D The new pedal cover you are fitting.:D

Cheers :) explains why brake pedal still isn't 100% on lol

Shame i have to cut The accelerator rubber. Gave the parking brake and brake ones a quick rinse and they stil look new!

After 109k and 14 years lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom