Pedals upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

removed

Car
~
They finally here - after going into a brief battle with MB Northampton re: correct part: they got me a replacement accelerator lever with standard pad, and tried to convince me that's what I want :wallbash:

Going to fit them over the weekend :bannana:

Last edited:
Don't forget the foot brake.
I sill need the part number for a vito accelerator peddle rubber, no chance!

My car's too small for foot brake :dk::rolleyes:
A-, and as far as I remember, B classes have handbrake...

Hi Dave I hope you prove me wrong but that accelerator pedal cover
may not fit: 168 300 00 82 is the correct part number, but the cut out I think you may find is on the wrong side. Thats certainly what I found when fitting to my 168 and although the part number is correct I came to the conclusion that the accelerator pedals may differ on the mounting between LHD & RHD cars, or may between RHD W168s and the A210. Good Luck please let us know how you get on :thumb:

Hi Dave I hope you prove me wrong but that accelerator pedal cover
may not fit: 168 300 00 82 is the correct part number, but the cut out I think you may find is on the wrong side. Thats certainly what I found when fitting to my 168 and although the part number is correct I came to the conclusion that the accelerator pedals may differ on the mounting between LHD & RHD cars, or may between RHD W168s and the A210. Good Luck please let us know how you get on :thumb:

I did notice the cutout and was looking at the "before" picture I took while at MB Northampton this afternoon (well, yesterday afternoon to be precise). I thought it does look like the lever is on the right and cutout is for the left, even check to see if the part number is listed for RHD, which it is .... Now I'm somewhat worried :( So what did you do? Were you able to fix it?

Hi Dave I haven’t solved it but this may help

The Pad fits the pedal but not at the top due to the rubber lip being on the wrong side

Step1 Fit the pad as is but it won’t fit flush and will eventually come off the pedal from the top

Step 2: Line up the pad then carefully cut the small rubber lip off using a Stanley knife and slide the pad back on to the pedal, it will now fit flush but it will not stay on with use, as there is now nothing holding the top of the pad to the pedal.

Step 3: Secure the top of the pad to the pedal with a Black Cable Tie, this will keep the top of the pad secure to the pedal, while the bottom of the pad matches up perfectly – obviously you have to make sure that you are happy with this and check that the rubber lip sits true around the bottom & sides of the pedal

Most importantly check that the rubber hasn’t moved with use and is safe, i.e. it won’t come off! Also if someone else drives the car i.e. wife,girlfriend,significant other etc. we all have different feet actions – you can see this in the way that pedal rubbers wear not dissimilar to how our shoes wear, so make sure the rubber is 100% secure – that’s my disclaimer.

NB: You won’t see the black cable tie due to the lack of light under the dash and the fact that it sits between the raised rubbers. So you will get the mod you want. However the most important thing if you do this is to make sure the pad is secure at the top and therefore safe!

Step 4: Examine a RHD A210 to see if it uses a LHD or a RHD Pedal, then check the part number to see if the pad it is different, but if you go by the part numbers at the dealers then the part number is correct, which is why I assume the RHD A210 has a different pedal mount from all other RHD W168s. Also it would be good to check the pad part numbers on W169/W245 you never know they may fit.

Let us know how you get on.

Last edited:
Well, c55 was absolutely right - even though the part was a correct number and listed as suitable for A160, it was not - the cutout was on the wrong side, and since I decided against ordering the entire A210 accelerator lever assembly (not something I would risk fitting myself) and didn't really want to use cable ties, here's what I did:

Cut the top rubber lip, just as c55 described, so that the pad would slide up the pedal and fit perfectly.

Trimed off rubber tip - middle one in the second row from the top.

Then fixed the pad to the pedal with a black screw - round head, same height and diameter, as rubber tips.

It might not be the perfect solution, but it's reasonably neat, not irreversible (didn't want to use glue, etc) and you really had to look closely to notice it:

Last edited:
That’s excellent Dave , Very Neat Job! :thumb:
Did you drill the pedal? if so what diameter? Also what length and diameter black screw did you use?

Thanks!
I didn't drill the pedal, just used an awl to mark/guide the screw, which was round head, 11mm diameter, and about 17mm in length, it went in quite easily and smoothly, without going all the way through the pedal, so no protruding sharp end at the bottom.

I did spend an unusual amount of time in local B&Q going through quite a few different screws :) - the main criteria was a black round head of a correct diameter and height ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom