People are so dumb.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cymruambyth

Car
Just removed the awful plate holders and metal pressed plates and found some numpty has just drilled the front one into the bumper, making a right mess. Going to have to be a Chipsaway repair I reckon.

I`ve "touched up" for now till I can get it done properly!!

Attachments

• bumperresize01.jpg
    bumperresize01.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 132
  • bumperresize02.jpg
    bumperresize02.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 115
  • bumperresize03.jpg
    bumperresize03.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 121
Nope as the normal sized plate is alright for me lol, initially my intention was to have smaller like yours but it really didn't look right so I fitted the standard size back on

Nope as the normal sized plate is alright for me lol, initially my intention was to have smaller like yours but it really didn't look right so I fitted the standard size back on

Haha, fair enough.

Well, I sent pics to the Chipsaway guy but he said it`s too big a job for him. He mentioned plastic welding, filling and then spraying the whole bumper. Hardly worth paying a couple hundred quid at a body shop just so I can use my shorter plate :rolleyes:

When I bought my S211 and changed to my own plates I found that the Fr****** idiot dealer had just drilled through the plate and the tailgate metal and used self-tapping screws to fit the plate with his company details on.

I had to widen the holes, paint the edges, fit rubber grommets and use stainless steel nuts and bolts to secure my plate.

Was not amused!

Popped to local bodyshop and he said it`ll be around £150 to fix 6 screw holes :confused::crazy:

Old plate going back on!!!

About the price I would expect from a bodyshop for repairing and repainting as it will require more than just a touch up pen.

About the price I would expect from a bodyshop for repairing and repainting as it will require more than just a touch up pen.

Yeah it`s a whole bumper jobbie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom