Performance gains at a "low" cost?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Is this the same as on the AMG cars that have three numbers after their model number? Like the C180 AMG? I recently saw but failed to photograph a car with sticky backed vinyl AMG lettering on the seat backs. Now that did look cool. I have no knowledge of what performance gains that this type of mod generates?
As an aside, it does seem a shame that MB apply the AMG logo as a designation for trim level on otherwise normal range of cars. I have contemplated putting an official AMG badge on the left and then C25d on the right just for a laugh.

As an aside, it does seem a shame that MB apply the AMG logo as a designation for trim level on otherwise normal range of cars. I have contemplated putting an official AMG badge on the left and then C25d on the right just for a laugh.

You wouldn't be the first person if you did.

I've seen at least one other C25 AMG and C35 AMG before.

Don’t forget rear wing spoiler and look for the one with largest surface and with TURBO decals on sides. Those are the best. The best power gain (+1bhp per square cm of the wing) is if the subject car is FWD.

Nobody's mentioned my dangling dolly on the rear-view mirror. Does this mean it doesn't add any power? Maybe I should bin it...

Apropos pretty much everything mentioned, it's often struck me that it would be much easier, and usually cheaper, to get one of these:

Koolart Windscreen Sunstrip Cartoon Ford Popular Custom Your Text 213 | eBay

with the lettering reading "I'M A TW4T". Job done.

I think you're missing driving technique...you must either have your left hand right at the top of Steering wheel for stability (I guess )or the Coolio version of trying to touch the ground out of the drivers window by dangling your scrawny little arm ...?? Surprising (to me) a fair few of the twits that do version 1 are around the mid 40's age...what is wrong with your head?

Nobody's mentioned my dangling dolly on the rear-view mirror. Does this mean it doesn't add any power? Maybe I should bin it...

Apropos pretty much everything mentioned, it's often struck me that it would be much easier, and usually cheaper, to get one of these:

Koolart Windscreen Sunstrip Cartoon Ford Popular Custom Your Text 213 | eBay

with the lettering reading "I'M A TW4T". Job done.

Has to be a pair of dice or tree shaped air freshners, dollies don't cut the mustard these days.

These stick on vents add at least 5HP

643571de-e55a-4a95-bb39-afaf1308aa37.jpg

I think you're missing driving technique...you must either have your left hand right at the top of Steering wheel for stability (I guess )or the Coolio version of trying to touch the ground out of the drivers window by dangling your scrawny little arm ...?? Surprising (to me) a fair few of the twits that do version 1 are around the mid 40's age...what is wrong with your head?

I have started to notice that some “drivers” do seem to like lying ‘prone’ in the horizontal, with their baseball cap peaks pointing to the heavens. Does this add performance gains?

Vaping!! Now that’s must be how it’s done. Entire cars get enveloped in a chemical haze that would have made Sadam Hussein proud.

Could it be that the chemical cloud is actually a ‘high octane’ mix?

Can vaping be conducted anally? What fun that would be at the dinner table.

What about those static diffusers that hang from your rear bumper combined with driving in your pygama top on the way to Tescos car park for a burn off

Tail gait to within 6 inches of the car in front
That will cost you nowt, lose you drag impedance and you'll be in DRS deployment zone

Audi drivers swear by it
It makes their S-Line an RS (or is it that they are an 'rs')

What about those static diffusers that hang from your rear bumper combined with driving in your pygama top on the way to Tescos car park for a burn off
I was considering ditching the rear bumper in favour of a Louvered ironing board that I shall tie wrap to the petrol tank and sewage outfall pipe.

Is there any science behind using an upturned kitchen dustpan, sellotaped to the roof above the windscreen? I think in combination with my gazillion watt blue fog lights, we could be onto something.

I was considering ditching the rear bumper in favour of a Louvered ironing board that I shall tie wrap to the petrol tank and sewage outfall pipe.

Is there any science behind using an upturned kitchen dustpan, sellotaped to the roof above the windscreen? I think in combination with my gazillion watt blue fog lights, we could be onto something.
Now you're just being silly....:)

You'd better post that on Barry's boys

Or ask in Halfords (or perhaps Argos looking at your shopping list)

It's got merit though...

Don't forget the fake bullet holes. These easily add a few hp to the final figure, as the fake airflow through these fake holes reduces the drag of the vehicle.

Another touch is the false arm sticking out of the rear boot or hatchback, which is especially benefitial if you have a front engined car. There is a serious design flaw with placing the engine at the front, in that there isn't sufficient weight distribution, and dangling the false arm from the boot or hatchback helps to redress that balance. This is also why a lot of people drive with their seats as far back as possible, barely being able to touch the pedals with their feet, to help with weight distribution.

How about a PVC / GT Gear Knob and Driving Gloves..... must be worth an extra 3mph

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom